Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: April 2010 Meeting

Post imported post

Next Meeting will be at 7:00PM on April 8th at The Sunrise Cafe in Meridian.

Topics on the agenda will be:

* Next Shoot (April 18th)

* Summer Activity schedule

* By-laws

Any other topic suggestions please send us a PM or post them here.

Post imported post

How about the dinner we been planning?

Post imported post

sounds good

discuss April 19th march?

Post imported post

I've got it in my schedule. See what I can do.

Post imported post

GREAT Adam! Love to have you. Feel free to invite some responsible friends along too.

Post imported post

I love your wording, "...responsible friends..."! Have there been issues in the past?

Post imported post

Don't think so.

We've been wanting to boost attendance and participation though so it's just a reminder to invite like-minded friends along and not feel only you were asked to be there.

Can we all agree that irresponsible people have no place at a meeting of gun-owners? Or car-owners? Or collectors of tea cozies?

Post imported post

tea cozy owners and mini tea set owners are a wild and crazy bunch and must be watched....

Post imported post

John Wolver wrote:
    tea cozy owners and mini tea set owners are a wild and crazy bunch and must be watched....
    I've also heard they bring the real fascist pigs out of the woodwork from BATF, State Police, FBI, US Marshals and the secret UN forces which overwatch from their stealth bases.

Post imported post

lol it doesnt take much to bring them out to play....

Post imported post

Looks like we have our topic for the April meeting. I'm initiating contacts with the Meridian PD and Ada County Sheriff's Department as to whether they might provide a representative to discuss how police officers view MWAG calls from a procedural viewpoint.

So, get your questions ready, we're going to do our best to have them addressed from the LEO side.

Post imported post

ecocks wrote:
    Looks like we have our topic for the April meeting. I'm initiating contacts with the Meridian PD and Ada County Sheriff's Department as to whether they might provide a representative to discuss how police officers view MWAG calls from a procedural viewpoint.

So, get your questions ready, we're going to do our best to have them addressed from the LEO side.
    when do we know for sure?

Post imported post

Will keep you posted as news develops!

Post imported post

That would be a huge benifit.
    Oh and btw I'm a recovering tea cozy collector, 6 mos without incident. But yeah we do some crazy anti-coffee rallies.

Post imported post

Contact has been initiated. I will let you know when we have our guest committments for the meeting and establish some ground rules.

Now would be a good time to get your thoughts and questionstogether on the subject. Also be thinking about inviting a few friends along in order to work on education in the community.

Post imported post

ecocks wrote:
    Next Meeting will be at 7:00PM on April 8th at The Sunrise Cafe in Meridian.

Topics on the agenda will be:

* Next Shoot (April 18th)

* Summer Activity schedule

* By-laws
    What do you mean "by-laws?"

Post imported post

Need to vote in by-laws for the organization so we can do those mundane things like open a bank account, file for non-profit status, etc.

Post imported post

I was "visiting" you tube, and came across to the O.C. notice by channel 2 about the O.C. at the Boise zoo, and I was wandering if you know this persons, they don't come to our meetings, and it will be nice if we can invite them to join us, is there another group in Boise?, or maybe they came from another place?. if you know them, please invite them to our meetings, .

I O.C. again in downtown Boise, and every time is getting easy, right now I hardly CC . I enjoy the "fredom" O.C. brings.

FELIZ DIA DE RESURRECCION or HAPPY EASTER.

Post imported post

The youtube video you speak of was us. If you go back in the forum far enough, you'll find us organizing it in one of the threads.

I for one am still active, both on the forums and active in the community. My friend Blain, mentioned in the newspaper article, is still OCing here and there but never was very active on the board. I know a few of the other people who attended are also very active in their communities, but don't often post here. Several others took active duty assignments or moved out of state for job reasons. Hope that helps.

For some fun reading, look up the old Boise Weekly articles from that year....Bill Cope does a great job of discrediting the libs and making himself sound uneducated.

Some Idaho OC History

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...ight=zoo+boise

Post imported post

Kak de la? I was inviting another friend from church this past sunday, and told him where the ismeetin and he told me that Sun Rise restaurant is closing, do you know anyting about it ,or he is mistaking it? , I hope he is.

If I bring my last gun belt and holsters to the meeting, can you tell me if may be to "flashy", the dye did not come as I thought, and before I am wearing it I want toknow the "hard truth", becouse I am not so shure, well I see you at thursday meeting.

What ever happen to "car racer" I haven't see him for long time, I hope he is doing well. Your vaquero friend, Israel. Pa ka.!

Post imported post

I started O.C. after I saw the article on You tube"long time ago" and I want to Thank you becouse you were " my inspiration " to start doing it. I did not know about the O.C. movement at all, untill I saw it at Boise weekly. I hope some day I meet you. Your friend Israel.

Post imported post

No, bad infomation.I ate there on Friday afternoon and was talking with the waitress about their slow dinner trade but she said breakfast and lunch have continued strong.

They're not going anywhere.

Post imported post

ISRAEL wrote:
    Kak de la? I was inviting another friend from church this past sunday, and told him where the ismeetin and he told me that Sun Rise restaurant is closing, do you know anyting about it ,or he is mistaking it? , I hope he is.

If I bring my last gun belt and holsters to the meeting, can you tell me if may be to "flashy", the dye did not come as I thought, and before I am wearing it I want toknow the "hard truth", becouse I am not so shure, well I see you at thursday meeting.

What ever happen to "car racer" I haven't see him for long time, I hope he is doing well. Your vaquero friend, Israel. Pa ka.!
    You learning Russian now?

I need someone to practice with so that is great!

Poka Poka!

Post imported post

A Russian lady comes to the store 2 times a week and she is teaching me some Russian, and I always wanted to learn it, now that I have the opportunity, is getting hard to do it, my hearing is getting worse but I am learning to read it, I learn the Cirilic alphabet.

Well I am glad to know therestaurant still open, I do hope that a Friend from church comes to visit us, He said he will, lets hope, the same as one of my neibors, we only hope the group grows.

Have you see the picknick they have in Vallejo California? I do hope we can have one and I guess more people will know about it. (Do you know the right pronunciation of Vallejo?).

Why is it, that the people that oppose us they always mention children? like if children don't know any thing about guns, I told a lady at the grocery that is ok. for her to put a sign at the front door " WE DO NOT HAVE GUNS IN THIS HOUSE", Her son was admiring my gun, is big a 44 magnum. Well keep O.Cing. Israel.

Post imported post

I just realized I won't be able to make it. I play in a pool league thursdat nights. But one point I thought about. If we're filing for non profit status, it stands to reason that we could do fund raisers and send one or two members to rallies, or political functions to voice the second. amendment ocers from idaho. Just a thought. Sorry I really wanted to make it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast