• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

April 2010 Meeting

ISRAEL

imported post

I started O.C. after I saw the article on You tube"long time ago" and I want to Thank you becouse you were " my inspiration " to start doing it. I did not know about the O.C. movement at all, untill I saw it at Boise weekly. I hope some day I meet you. Your friend Israel.

ecocks

imported post

No, bad infomation.I ate there on Friday afternoon and was talking with the waitress about their slow dinner trade but she said breakfast and lunch have continued strong.

They're not going anywhere.

ecocks

imported post

ISRAEL wrote:
Kak de la? I was inviting another friend from church this past sunday, and told him where the ismeetin and he told me that Sun Rise restaurant is closing, do you know anyting about it ,or he is mistaking it? , I hope he is.

If I bring my last gun belt and holsters to the meeting, can you tell me if may be to "flashy", the dye did not come as I thought, and before I am wearing it I want toknow the "hard truth", becouse I am not so shure, well I see you at thursday meeting.

What ever happen to "car racer" I haven't see him for long time, I hope he is doing well. Your vaquero friend, Israel. Pa ka.!

You learning Russian now?

I need someone to practice with so that is great!

Poka Poka!

ISRAEL

imported post

A Russian lady comes to the store 2 times a week and she is teaching me some Russian, and I always wanted to learn it, now that I have the opportunity, is getting hard to do it, my hearing is getting worse but I am learning to read it, I learn the Cirilic alphabet.

Well I am glad to know therestaurant still open, I do hope that a Friend from church comes to visit us, He said he will, lets hope, the same as one of my neibors, we only hope the group grows.

Have you see the picknick they have in Vallejo California? I do hope we can have one and I guess more people will know about it. (Do you know the right pronunciation of Vallejo?).

Why is it, that the people that oppose us they always mention children? like if children don't know any thing about guns, I told a lady at the grocery that is ok. for her to put a sign at the front door " WE DO NOT HAVE GUNS IN THIS HOUSE", Her son was admiring my gun, is big a 44 magnum. Well keep O.Cing. Israel.

adam m

imported post

I just realized I won't be able to make it. I play in a pool league thursdat nights. But one point I thought about. If we're filing for non profit status, it stands to reason that we could do fund raisers and send one or two members to rallies, or political functions to voice the second. amendment ocers from idaho. Just a thought. Sorry I really wanted to make it.

adam m

imported post

ISRAEL wrote:
  Why is it, that the people that oppose us they always mention children? like if children don't know any thing about guns, I told a lady at the grocery that is ok. for her to put a sign at the front door " WE DO NOT HAVE GUNS IN THIS HOUSE", Her son was admiring my gun, is big a 44 magnum.    Well keep O.Cing.   Israel.

Look at what the brady guys were doing. Using starbucks as the tool against weapons. When I hear children are used as a tool to voice a political view it angers me. It makes me feel like they seechildren not as people but a piece of equipment. Like a fridge or paper shreader. What about the more common families that teach weapon saftey to children. Or the children that use that knowledge to keep their less educated friends from accidently hurting themselves. I held my first weapon when I was 6. My father taught me what to do when I found a gun. Get an adult or call the police. Not to pick it up and point it at a friend and go bang.

All I'm saying is laws and restrictions are no substitute for solid parenting. Even if you don't own a gun you should teach a child to never point a gun at someone. That education will stick with them. Ignorance and fear is a terrible thing to live with.

Sorry I know this is the wrong thread for this, I was just offering my opinion.

carracer

imported post

I'm still here, Isreal! My schedule is making me crazy and haven't had the opportunity to come to the meetings. I even tried to make the informal breakfast the other day and couldn't get there either. 10th is out this month as I have an 8:00 pm appt. Darn! Love those liver and onions at the Sunrise!

ISRAEL

imported post

Mi amigo "Carracer", the meeting is tomorrow the 8th, not the 10th like you said, I hope we can meet again, are youfree any saturday for lunch? or a coffe? maybe other members want to attend, I think we need to be in touch with more frecuency.

Well, have fun all the time. your amigo, Israel. :celebrate

carracer

imported post

Yes, I meant the 8th. Thursday eve is my meeting. Have meeting this saturday from 10-4pm. Hopefully will be able to arrange my schedule around a bit next week!

ecocks

imported post

Unfortunately, I will get there late.

Meetinf starts at 7:00, I hope to see everyone around 8:00pm so save some coffee and a slice of pie!