• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What have you carried?

Golden Eagle

imported post

Here in Michiganwehavethe "pistol" licenses, comparedyour Kentucky "weapons license". I would love to know what you'vecarried besides guns?

:cool:

Julabee Jones

imported post

I always look like, and sometimes sound like, a nerd....so here in Kentucky, I use an over-the-shoulder-messenger-laptop-type bag (onto which I've added appliques of roses, the American flag, and a couple of other things denoting ultimate harmlessness), for carrying concealed and so forth. In that bag, I've carried both a Taurus .357 5-shot revolver (with two speedloaders), and a Ruger SR9c (with extra magazine) in a sewn-in holster.

As well as anywhere from three to five knives of various kinds, at least two or three flashlights, and one telescoping head knocker, sufficiently heavy enough to kill a topped-out farm-raised hog.

I've never been asked to reveal the bag's contents, nor ever been looked upon as doing anything unusual.

I don't consider myself to be paranoid, just prepared.

JJ

zer0cool

imported post

Either my Colt 1911 in 45acp or my Glock 23 in 40 S&W and a spare mag

For utility purposes a small auto knife

And last but not least, my Cold Steel Rajah II
(6" Kukri Style Blade with Zytel Handle)

neuroblades

imported post

zer0cool wrote:
Either my Colt 1911 in 45acp or my Glock 23 in 40 S&W and a spare mag

For utility purposes a small auto knife

And last but not least, my Cold Steel Rajah II
(6" Kukri Style Blade with Zytel Handle)
Sweet! I love the knife! Where did you get it?

zer0cool

imported post

Actually my better half got it for me for Christmas :dude:

I believe it was from amazon but dont quote me on that.

The stud on it has a quick deploy feature that catches on your pocket when you pull it out, itworks great on the slant pocket of mycarpenter jeans!

The best gift a guy can ask for from his "partner in crime" :lol: