Thread: Need some advise.

Post imported post

Hey I am new to the forums, my names Robbie I am 20 years old. I live in Autauga County and was about to go the the SO to get my permit. I have been told by several people that i have to be 21 to get a permit, note that these are just friends and family. I know that in Alabama i can obtain one at 18. My question is what can I do if the SO tell me I must be 21 to get a permit?

Banned

Post imported post

I don't know. Have you called the Sheriff's Office? I am sure they'll tell you their policies over the phone.

Post imported post

Counties can restrict the permit further, so even if the state says that you have to be 18 they can say you have to be 40 if they want. It's unfortunate and it sucks, but that's how it is unforunately.

Post imported post

and AL is a MAY issue state. so its up to the Sheriff

Post imported post

Robbie,

You'll find that you need to be 21 inAutauga Countyto obtain a concealed weapons permit. You also need to be 21 in order to legally purchase a weapon as well. If you already own a weapon (handed down by family, gifted, etc..) then you should be able to Open Carry the weapon legally. PM me if you'd like to get together sometime, always looking for people to shoot with!