• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need some advise.

dc5kid

imported post

Hey I am new to the forums, my names Robbie I am 20 years old. I live in Autauga County and was about to go the the SO to get my permit. I have been told by several people that i have to be 21 to get a permit, note that these are just friends and family. I know that in Alabama i can obtain one at 18. My question is what can I do if the SO tell me I must be 21 to get a permit?

eye95

imported post

I don't know. Have you called the Sheriff's Office? I am sure they'll tell you their policies over the phone.

47_MasoN_47

imported post

Counties can restrict the permit further, so even if the state says that you have to be 18 they can say you have to be 40 if they want. It's unfortunate and it sucks, but that's how it is unforunately.

DJDD

imported post

Robbie,

You'll find that you need to be 21 inAutauga Countyto obtain a concealed weapons permit. You also need to be 21 in order to legally purchase a weapon as well. If you already own a weapon (handed down by family, gifted, etc..) then you should be able to Open Carry the weapon legally. PM me if you'd like to get together sometime, always looking for people to shoot with!