• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shooting this Sat morning at Champion.

DEROS72

imported post

Bookman and I will be going to Champion saturday morning 10 am.Early to get a lane.He has some new shooters that he has invited and I believe one he has given instruction before.So we thought we would thow it out there and see if any want to come down.

Going to see if my split chest can take the recoil at this point.

SaintJacque

imported post

I've been there a couple times with some friends. We had a good time, enjoyed the facilities, etc. I prefer it to Bullseye in Tacoma, but I do wish I could find one closer to Federal Way.

amzbrady

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Bookman and I will be going to Champion saturday morning 10 am.Early to get a lane.He has some new shooters that he has invited and I believe one he has given instruction before.So we thought we would thow it out there and see if any want to come down.

Going to see if my split chest can take the recoil at this point.
Might wanna start off with a squirt gun. :p

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

You guys coming to the WAC show this weekend? I will be at Champion today about 5pm (Friday) and will be at the show both days! And perhaps meet Vandal?...

DEROS72

imported post

Bookman has I think 2 new shooters coming sat morning.So we are sort of on their schedule so we can get them down there.Can't go tonight end of month no ride and not enough cash untill the first.Which is frustrating because I do have some extra ammo to shoot.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

amzbrady wrote:
Hope all went well with the new shooters and hope Deros didnt beat himself up to bad.

It turned out to be just one new shooter. One of the women from work had said she was afraid of guns. I convinced her that the guns are just things that can't hurt her unless someone MAKES them hurt her. She decided she wanted to shoot so she asked me to take her to the range. What was I going to do? I said yes.

Fast forward to Saturday. After a false start a couple of weeks ago she finally met me at Champion. She was TERRIFIED! She went in to the shooting area once and got so frightened by the noise that she had to leave the area. But she didn't give up. She hung around, watching me and DEROS shoot, and after a while, she came back in. She said she wanted to fire just one round so she could say she'd done it. I insisted on a full magazine (Bersa Thunder, 7 rounds). She finally agreed and I got her started.After a safety lecture and demonstration she fired the magazine. Then she fired another. And another. And another. And Another. And my Evil Black 10/22. By the time we were done she wasn't jumping anymore and wants to go back.

It was good day!

Trigger Dr

imported post

Bookman wrote:
amzbrady wrote:
Hope all went well with the new shooters and hope Deros didnt beat himself up to bad.

It turned out to be just one new shooter. One of the women from work had said she was afraid of guns. I convinced her that the guns are just things that can't hurt her unless someone MAKES them hurt her. She decided she wanted to shoot so she asked me to take her to the range. What was I going to do? I said yes.

Fast forward to Saturday. After a false start a couple of weeks ago she finally met me at Champion. She was TERRIFIED! She went in to the shooting area once and got so frightened by the noise that she had to leave the area. But she didn't give up. She hung around, watching me and DEROS shoot, and after a while, she came back in. She said she wanted to fire just one round so she could say she'd done it. I insisted on a full magazine (Bersa Thunder, 7 rounds). She finally agreed and I got her started.After a safety lecture and demonstration she fired the magazine. Then she fired another. And another. And another. And Another. And my Evil Black 10/22. By the time we were done she wasn't jumping anymore and wants to go back.

It was good day!
:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Bookman wrote:
amzbrady wrote:

It was good day!

I also meant to say that DEROS shot several magazines while we were there. His accuracy, at this point, is a little off. But he did really well for someone who was lying on an operating table with his chest cracked open only a month ago. He was sore, but pleased.

Batousaii

imported post

Good job guys, sounds like a fun day. Glad to hear Deros is throwing some lead again, and thumbs up to your new shooter too. How was her accuracy? My wife shot her first rifle last Wednesday, and as usual was tearin up the center rings.

:celebrateBravo

amzbrady

imported post

Batousaii wrote:
Good job guys, sounds like a fun day. Glad to hear Deros is throwing some lead again, and thumbs up to your new shooter too. How was her accuracy? My wife shot her first rifle last Wednesday, and as usual was tearin up the center rings.

Isnt it funny and a little threatening how acurate women are naturally. My wife was like that and I remember my sister almost embedding the hammer on my bro in laws dirty harry 44, but she bulleyed none the less.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Batousaii wrote:

She couldn't hit the broad side of a barn if she rested the muzzle against it. But accuracy wasn't even a consideration. I just wanted her to get over her fear. Accuracy comes next.

DEROS72

imported post

Yeah I had some good groups but was pulling a little left.My chest was getting sore.Recoil with my .45 was causing me to get a little sore.But it was fun to get back.