Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: OC'd in Costco in lehi

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    10

    Post imported post

    I've been open carrying now for over two years in Nevada and now Utah, mostly gas stations and just walking around the neighborhood with the wife and kids. However, I've never really gone into highly public commercial areas like Smiths or Wal-mart. I decided I was going to carry in Costco and figured I would get fewer comments if i took the wife and kids shopping with my .45 Ruger on my hip. I was dressed in a golf polo shirt and looked respectable. I was there over two hours and nobody from staff or customers approached me at all in regards to the weapon. Probably 15 or 16 employees noticed I was carrying and several customers as well. My wife and I ran into some friends and talked with them and chatted with several other customers and the subject ofmy carryingnever came up. I gotta say I like shopping with it on.

    I did see a couple of dudes talking about it but when I looked at them and smiled, they just turned around and walked away.

    I asked my wife what she thought of it and she said that she was nervous at first but it went well and she would not be opposed to my carrying again.

  2. #2
    Regular Member Kloutier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Spanish Fork Utah, Utah, USA
    Posts
    193

    Post imported post

    Nice, My wife wants to OC my XDM-9 some times. That sure surprised me. Grats on a Positive OC.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Alpine, Utah
    Posts
    126

    Post imported post

    I've been asked to leave costco before. i was told it's 'nationwide corporate company policy' to not allow guns in costco due to 'potential danger and to keep the customer environment as comfortable as possible.'

    Only one employee at my local costco had a problem with it. he went and found a manager to enforce it, too. i'd carried in there 4 times prior and never had a problem. i'd even had pretty good conversations with a few of the cashiers about OC and CC.

  4. #4
    Regular Member Kloutier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Spanish Fork Utah, Utah, USA
    Posts
    193

    Post imported post

    Wow I am sorry, Is there a place where I can check to see all the places OC/CC people are not welcome?

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Saratoga Springs, Utah, USA
    Posts
    1,221

    Post imported post

    Kloutier wrote:
    ...Is there a place where I can check to see all the places OC/CC people are not welcome?
    http://friendorfoe.us/


  6. #6
    Regular Member Kloutier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Spanish Fork Utah, Utah, USA
    Posts
    193

    Post imported post

    404 - File or directory not found. The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Alpine, Utah
    Posts
    126

    Post imported post

    The Idaho thread has a running thread that stays at the top of the list for OC FRIENDLY/UNFRIENDLY locations. I think it'd be awesome if every state had a running list like that, although I'm not positive how to get such a thread to stay at the top of the list all the time.

    my wife is from alpine, and i've been down there and have carried in the Costco in American Fork/LEHI area across from wal-mart and bed bath and beyond, best buy, home depot and all those stores, and i didnt get stopped there. this was before i found out they had a policy against it.

    i've also OC'd in the wal mart and bed bath and beyond and the halmark store down the strip there and they didnt say anything to me either. i know best buy has a corporate policy allowing legal gun carry, open or concealed.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Saratoga Springs, Utah, USA
    Posts
    1,221

    Post imported post

    Kloutier wrote:
    404 - File or directory not found. The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
    I just tried to click on the link too, 404 not found: but if you copy paste link into browser it will get you there..weird.

  9. #9
    Regular Member Kloutier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Spanish Fork Utah, Utah, USA
    Posts
    193

    Post imported post

    You had a space in the link thats why


  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Saratoga Springs, Utah, USA
    Posts
    1,221

    Post imported post

    Kloutier wrote:
    You had a space in the link thats why
    Cool as ice, I know. :P

  11. #11
    Regular Member Kloutier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Spanish Fork Utah, Utah, USA
    Posts
    193

    Post imported post

    Cool site how do I add reviews?

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Saratoga Springs, Utah, USA
    Posts
    1,221

    Post imported post

    Kloutier wrote:
    Cool site how do I add reviews?
    Upper right hand corner of page. Enter business name and center map on that city.

  13. #13
    Regular Member Kloutier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Spanish Fork Utah, Utah, USA
    Posts
    193

    Post imported post

    Never mind found it.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lehi, Utah, USA
    Posts
    202

    Post imported post

    BowNArrow wrote:
    I've been open carrying now for over two years in Nevada and now Utah, mostly gas stations and just walking around the neighborhood with the wife and kids. However, I've never really gone into highly public commercial areas like Smiths or Wal-mart. I decided I was going to carry in Costco and figured I would get fewer comments if i took the wife and kids shopping with my .45 Ruger on my hip. I was dressed in a golf polo shirt and looked respectable. I was there over two hours and nobody from staff or customers approached me at all in regards to the weapon. Probably 15 or 16 employees noticed I was carrying and several customers as well. My wife and I ran into some friends and talked with them and chatted with several other customers and the subject ofmy carryingnever came up. I gotta say I like shopping with it on.

    I did see a couple of dudes talking about it but when I looked at them and smiled, they just turned around and walked away.

    I asked my wife what she thought of it and she said that she was nervous at first but it went well and she would not be opposed to my carrying again.
    Welcome to the forum!

    Sounds like a good experience. I'm from the American Fork/Lehi area and go to the Costco here frequently as its about one of the fewyou can go & OC all the others enforce their company policy of no firearms.

    I wish you sucess in all your future OC endeavors & hope they are as positive as this one! You'll find that for the most part people don't really notice/pay attention, or they do & just don't care.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •