• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where is the signup thread for durand?

G

imported post

Big Gay Al wrote:
I believe I said I wasn't going to mention any screen names. That includes mine.

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

No actually you stated that the thread went off topic "thanks to someone". You further specifically stated that you were not going to mention who's screen it was.

I see that as an accusation of a single poster.

Therefore, again I ask the relative question...

And you feel that your participation in the off topic discussion in the thread had nothing to do with the pruning?

Big Gay Al wrote:
cabman1 wrote:
Why is there so many Durand threads?
Well, is 2, too many? But basically, the first thread went way off topic, thanks to someone, who's screen name I won't mention. In the interest of decorum, (or who knows what), the moderators pruned it of all extraneous material, and locked it, leaving it up for informational purposes.

This one came about when someone inquired as to what happened to the first.

cabman1

imported post

Big Gay Al wrote:
I believe I said I wasn't going to mention any screen names.  That includes mine.

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

look up in the stickies that that would make 2.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
Big Gay Al wrote:
I believe I said I wasn't going to mention any screen names. That includes mine.

No actually you stated that the thread went off topic "thanks to someone". You further specifically stated that you were not going to mention who's screen it was.

I see that as an accusation of a single poster.

Therefore, again I ask the relative question...

And you feel that your participation in the off topic discussion in the thread had nothing to do with the pruning?

Big Gay Al wrote:
cabman1 wrote:
Why is there so many Durand threads?
Well, is 2, too many? But basically, the first thread went way off topic, thanks to someone, who's screen name I won't mention. In the interest of decorum, (or who knows what), the moderators pruned it of all extraneous material, and locked it, leaving it up for informational purposes.

This one came about when someone inquired as to what happened to the first.
Fine, I said I wasn't going to mention A screen name, that's includes mine, if we assume for the moment I'm talking about me.

DetroitBiker

imported post

He can have Milk and cookies,while the men Drink beers. :D
2z68goy.jpg

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

dougwg wrote:
back on topic you 2 pains in the ass's :p

We all need to go out for a beer, except lil, he's too young to drink beer.

BTW Doug, I drank that beer you made...WOW was that good, really good. make more NOW! I'm hooked. Nate loved it too.

Thanks, looking forward to the second bottle, maybe tonight.:celebrate

Taurus850CIA

imported post

Venator wrote:
dougwg wrote:
back on topic you 2 pains in the ass's :p

We all need to go out for a beer, except lil, he's too young to drink beer.

BTW Doug, I drank that beer you made...WOW was that good, really good. make more NOW! I'm hooked. Nate loved it too.

Thanks, looking forward to the second bottle, maybe tonight.:celebrate
I'm missing ALL the good stuff.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
so i asked the mods to sticky the 2nd durand thread until after the event.

ill get ya on the events list

anybody else that wants to go just PM me
Lil, is Trumble Park asindicated in the stickied thread also known as Goudy Park? I have the event listed as Goudy Park, should this be changed?

G

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
goudy park is a different park,the name of the park forthe event is trumble park.

http://www.durandmi.com/parklink.html

the playground toys were replaced last fall with new ones,so the park wont be 100% what it looks like in the picture,but nobody should have issues finding it.
Is Trumble Park the one that the police chief told you to use?

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
lil_freak_66 wrote:
goudy park is a different park,the name of the park forthe event is trumble park.

the playground toys were replaced last fall with new ones,so the park wont be 100% what it looks like in the picture,but nobody should have issues finding it.
Based on the description, as I recall from one of the many deleted messages in the first thread, I don't think so.

G

imported post

Big Gay Al wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
lil_freak_66 wrote:

Based on the description, as I recall from one of the many deleted messages in the first thread, I don't think so.
The individual that had the conversation with the Durand Police Chief would be appropriate person to respond to the inquiry instead of relying upon what you "recall" or "think".

SpringerXDacp

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:

Lil, the link you provided for Trumble Park indicates the park is at N. Saginaw St and Monroe which happens to be the exact location of Goudy Park.

This is the link to the Map I used on the Calendar of Events:

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=42.917364&lon=-83.98479&zoom=18&q1=700%20North%20Saginaw%20Street%20Durand%2C%20Michigan&gid1=16296926

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
Big Gay Al wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
lil_freak_66 wrote:

The individual that had the conversation with the Durand Police Chief would be appropriate person to respond to the inquiry instead of relying upon what you "recall" or "think".
Well, I don't "think" he's online yet. And my recollection of this particular message is pretty good. As I recall, the chief "requested" the meeting take place a at smaller park, near or next to the police station. But if you prefer to wait for Lil_freak, that's fine too. I'm just trying to be helpful. Really I am.