• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where is the signup thread for durand?

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
lil_freak_66 wrote:
goudy park is a different park,the name of the park forthe event is trumble park.

http://www.durandmi.com/parklink.html

the playground toys were replaced last fall with new ones,so the park wont be 100% what it looks like in the picture,but nobody should have issues finding it.

Lil, the link you provided for Trumble Park indicates the park is at N. Saginaw St and Monroe which happens to be the exact location of Goudy Park.

This is the link to the Map I used on the Calendar of Events:

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=42.917364&lon=-83.98479&zoom=18&q1=700%20North%20Saginaw%20Street%20Durand%2C%20Michigan&gid1=16296926
Maybe they changed the name of the park? If you go to the Parks dept. home page, you'll see a list of parks, and Goudy is not on the list. And the location on that page is listed as [size="-1"]"Located at the intersection of[/size] [size="-1"]N. Saginaw St. & Monroe Rd."

[/size]

G

imported post

Big Gay Al wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
Big Gay Al wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
lil_freak_66 wrote:
goudy park is a different park,the name of the park forthe event is trumble park.

http://www.durandmi.com/parklink.html

the playground toys were replaced last fall with new ones,so the park wont be 100% what it looks like in the picture,but nobody should have issues finding it.
Is Trumble Park the one that the police chief told you to use?
Based on the description, as I recall from one of the many deleted messages in the first thread, I don't think so.
The individual that had the conversation with the Durand Police Chief would be appropriate person to respond to the inquiry instead of relying upon what you "recall" or "think".
Well, I don't "think" he's online yet. And my recollection of this particular message is pretty good. As I recall, the chief "requested" the meeting take place a at smaller park, near or next to the police station.
Would it not be beneficial to wait for the person that conversed with the chief to respond than to rely on your recollection?

Even the Official MOC Events Coordinator has stated some confusion exists.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
Would it not be beneficial to wait for the person that conversed with the chief to respond than to rely on your recollection?

As you wish. I was simply trying to be helpful.

G

imported post

Big Gay Al wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:

As you wish. I was simply trying to be helpful.
And your help is greatly appreciated.

lil_freak_66

imported post

trumble is the location originally picked out(i also do believe the name was formerly goudy park,but changed a few years ago when the basketball courts were put in)

chief tanner reccomended the park next to city hall which is one of the "tot-lots"

http://www.durandmi.com/parks.html

we are still going with trumble park,and there will be no plans to change that.

for a resturaunt there are two i was looking at,however they both serve alcohol,ive contacted a durand OCDO member asking him to ask permission for OC'ers without cpl's to be allowed in the resturaunt.

If that member does not make contact with me again before the event,or does not show up at the event,then we can do one of two things.:

1.have somebody go into one of the two resturaunts and ask permission for the group.

and if that does not work or nobody wishes to go ask permission on the groups behalf,then we can go to our choice of mcdonalds,wendys or subway.

if there is nobody carrying that does not have a cpl,then the group can choose between iron horse or nicks,both are similar places and right next door to one another,and both serve alcohol.

and for the previous page's alcohol comments...im a sweet tea or coffee person :D

G

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
trumble is the location originally picked out(i also do believe the name was formerly goudy park,but changed a few years ago when the basketball courts were put in)

chief tanner reccomended the park next to city hall which is one of the "tot-lots"

for a resturaunt there are two i was looking at,however they both serve alcohol,ive contacted a durand OCDO member asking him to ask permission for OC'ers without cpl's to be allowed in the resturaunt.

If that member does not make contact with me again before the event,or does not show up at the event,then we can do one of two things.:

1.have somebody go into one of the two resturaunts and ask permission.

and if that does not work or nobody wishes to go ask permission,then we can go to our choice of mcdonalds,wendys or subway.

if there is nobody carrying that does not have a cpl,then the group can choose between iron horse or nicks,both are similar places and right next door to one another,and both serve alcohol.

and for the previous page's alcohol comments...im a sweet tea or coffee person :D
Wouldn't the individual without a CPL need to obtain individual permission to OC in an
establishment licensed by the LCC ?

lil_freak_66

imported post

asking permission for the group would cover the indivuduals in the group.

or just bring a piece of paper which those without cpl's which are carrying can sign and then have the manager sign,therefore giving written permission.

a little OT,but i gave a guy a SAM flier and MOC card that i ran into at the gas station last night,he asked about my SAM bumper sticker...or whats left of it,so we might have a new member here pretty soon!

scot623

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
lil_freak_66 wrote:

1.have somebody go into one of the two resturaunts and ask permission.

and if that does not work or nobody wishes to go ask permission,then we can go to our choice of mcdonalds,wendys or subway.

Wouldn't the individual without a CPL need to obtain individual permission to OC in an
establishment licensed by the LCC ?
Interesting question...could a minor OC an airsoft pistol into a establishment licensed by the LLC? It sounds like many people have decided it's not a firearm, so therefore it should be legal. Maybe a test is in order?

lil_freak_66

imported post

its already known to be legal.

and the only airsoft or bb guns you may see in the area are kids playing with them at the park in which we are meeting.

keep the thread on topic

G

imported post

scot623 wrote:
If I am considering coming to this event and would be bringing my nephew with me, I would say my question in "on topic".
Does your nephew have his own airsoft?

If not, maybe someone that is coming and has an extra could loan him one.

The UFO is coming.

G

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
its already known to be legal.

and the only airsoft or bb guns you may see in the area are kids playing with them at the park in which we are meeting.

keep the thread on topic
Would AR15 style airsoft rifles be appropiate for this event?

Or would only airsoft pistols be acceptable for this event?

Watch for the UFO.

G

imported post

scot623 wrote:
Uncle Scot623 could by one as long as Lil_freak and his friends will let him play with them.
Before you buy one, wait for a response from this event's coordinator to the questions I presented earlier regarding the appropriateness of bringing an AR15 style airsoft rifle to his event or if it is going to be an airsoft pistol only event.

You wouldn't want to spend the money and have your nephew disappointed that his is not acceptable. I'm certain it would be very disappointing if he couldn't play the other children that lil_freak has indicated will be there.

What sort of BB guns and airsoft guns do the kids normally have with them when playing at this park?

The UFO is coming.

scot623

imported post

Beerme wrote:
scot623 wrote:
Uncle Scot623 could buy one as long as Lil_freak and his friends will let my nephew play with them.

scot623 does your nephew know proper retention and situational awareness?

Beerme, that is an important question. I cannot lie, sadly he does not. I'll have to work with him on that.