• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

May not be a good day for Police Officer !

FMCDH

imported post

Kudos to the "fellow officer" who recounted the quote. That's a pretty damning piece of testimony.

It takes guts and a healthy conscience to cross the "blue line" and give a statement that may help put away someone you work with in such a capacity.

Its a good example of LE policing LE and holding each-other accountable.

Jeff Hayes

imported post

This is why I dont trust LEOs, fortunatly the vast majority are not like this. Its just hard to tell the good ones from the bad ones.

erps

imported post

Orphan wrote:
This is why I dont trust LEOs, fortunatly the vast majority are not like this. Its just hard to tell the good ones from the bad ones.
Interesting, when folks use language like that about blacks or Jews,they arecalledbigots.

Norman

imported post

I don't think any of us can guess what exactly was going through that guys mind. I hate DUI as much as the next guy, but when I first read about this I knew it was going to be a firestorm.

As bad as it may sound this is a great one for the kids, "Don't drink and drive...cause you never know when you might get that really pissed-off cop."

Wheelgunner

imported post

I have always worried that an officer like this would blast a Open Carrier and then claim that he was "twitching like an Addict" and had "Lunged at him"as has been used by other officers to smear OC's

Happily this has not transpired, though several of us have felt the lash of the "Justice system" in various encounters (Vancouver being only the latest).

Seven times in the back...wow.

erps

imported post

Dude ... you are way off track !

I couldbe, but try it yourself and see how it sounds. Substitute LEO for Jew or black or any other minority group and see how it sounds. I would demonstrate it myself, but I don't want that kind of language associated with my name.

Bersa.380

imported post

erps wrote:
Dude ... you are way off track !

I couldbe, but try it yourself and see how it sounds. Substitute LEO for Jew or black or any other minority group and see how it sounds. I would demonstrate it myself, but I don't want that kind of language associated with my name.

Did you read both articles and get the full understanding of what happened?

Learn the full story before you come in here and puke on us and throw out the race card .... what happened has nothing to do with race as there are white, black, green, and red police officers..... while you are at it why don't you throw out the gender card too, yeah thats it lets make it a gender issue or how about lets pretend the LEO was gay blah, blah, blah ..... he was this or that does not matter.

Regardless .... he shot someone to death, for no good reason.

Norman

imported post

OR even better:

This is why I dont trust open-carriers, fortunatly the vast majority are not like this. Its just hard to tell the good ones from the bad ones.

erps

imported post

Did you read both articles and get the full understanding of what happened ? Learn the full story before you come in here and puke on us and throw out the race card ..
I'm not puking on you or throwing out the race card. Go back and read my post again and then read Norman's post where he substituted LEO for open carrier. Does Norman's substitution sound offensive?

Ajetpilot

imported post

erps wrote:
Orphan wrote:
Interesting, when folks use language like that about blacks or Jews,they arecalledbigots.

So, what are you saying here, erps? Are you saying that Orphanis bigoted against LEOs? Are Leo's a protected class in your view?

Don't get your feelings hurt, erps. I don't trust anybody, including LEOs, until I get to know them.

Bersa.380

imported post

Ajetpilot wrote:
erps wrote:
Orphan wrote:

So, what are you saying here, erps? Are you saying that Orphanis bigoted against LEOs? Are Leo's a protected class in your view?

Don't get your feelings hurt, erps. I don't trust anybody, including LEOs, until I get to know them.

Well said: get to know who you are dealing with ..... then judge them based on where their moral compass points.

Batousaii

imported post

This is why I dont trust (insert class), fortunately the vast majority are not like this. Its just hard to tell the good ones from the bad ones.

Ithink a primary difference exists thatjustifies the statement regarding LEO. None of the classes, minority or otherwise, have the power or authority to hinder, hamper or even destroy ones life under the color of the law. So to that ends, i would cast justification onto that statement in regards to LEO, or any authority type. If one carries that sort of power, one must then accept that spotlight too.

- Just my thoughts.

Bersa.380

imported post

Batousaii wrote:
Ithink a primary difference exists thatjustifies the statement regarding LEO. None of the classes, minority or otherwise, have the power or authority to hinder, hamper or even destroy ones life under the color of the law. So to that ends, i would cast justification onto that statement in regards to LEO, or any authority type. If one carries that sort of power, one must then accept that spotlight too.

- Just my thoughts.
B i n g o ! ! !

Bersa.380

imported post

Bersa.380 wrote:
Batousaii wrote:

- Just my thoughts.
B i n g o ! ! !
Now .... can we get back on topic ???

killchain

imported post

Bersa.380 wrote:
Ajetpilot wrote:
erps wrote:
Orphan wrote:

Well said: get to know who you are dealing with ..... then judge them based on where their moral compass points.
feed_trolls.gif