• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

O.C.

sureshot

imported post

I don't know if this question has been addressed here or not.I apologize if it has. For all of you that open carry a semi-auto, do you also open carry extra magazines with you? I would think that persons seeing a man(woman) carrying openly with one or two extra magazines in plain sight might get a little edgy thinking about all of the mass shootings that have occured in the past.

scorpio_vette

imported post

I personally do. but then again, i have a habit of "plan for the worst, hope for the best".

so basically, i PLAN that if i find myself in a situation where there are multiple threads, and i have to protect myself and those around me, then i want to try and have as much protection as i can. but i HOPE that i NEVER need to un-holster except to change clothes or go to the range.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have an extra magazine and a black leather mag holder. It is in the car with me and I do carry it with me from time to time. If I go into the city or feel that I am in an area where more capacity is needed I put it on my belt. Th interesting thing about my extra mag is that I generally conceal that. It is smaller and the way I dress it tends to end up beneath the shirt or less visible.

scorpio_vette

imported post

yeah my extra mags are also concealed. then again i wear longer shirts, and never tuck my shirts in. so i think it would look kinda weird if my shirt was going up-down-up-down-up-down all around my body. lol the only thing that is visible on my belt is the holster and gun. anything else i may have on my belt is covered.

younggun20

imported post

I personally currently carry a g22 with a 15 round mag. As I do feel 15 rounds is sufficient, I have been thinking of carrying a spare mag.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

2 spares.

not only capacity, but possible failure.

If a magazine were to fail for any reason, it's easier to slap in a new one than dick around trying to figure out why.

When I have my G17 I carried 17+17+17+1 (two spares, one inserted, one in the chamber) for a total of 52.

Now I carry my G21SF with 13+13+13+1 (two spares, one inserted, one in the chamber) for a total of 40..

I don't intend to use 40, and if I'm in a situation where I should need them, I'd be pretty screwed anyway...

They're called 'spares' for a reason.. Wether it be because you 'need' the ammo, or want the availability of a mag in case of mag failure (extremely rare)...

What's an extra pound or two to carry, compared to the cost of your life?

thnycav

imported post

I carry a spare mag in an old cell phone case. It works great all they see is the phone case and do not think about it. I carry a Glock 30.