• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun prohibitionists are disingenuous, hypocritical

Dave Workman

imported post

NOTE: for the digitally-challenged (you know, poople who can't seem to click on a link without having a multi-page hissy fit) I've included a couple of teaser paragraphs.

Gun prohibitionists are disingenuous, hypocritical

"The website, Concealed Carry Killers, keeps a running tally that claims more than 150 victims of legally-armed citizens, and the count includes nine police officers. This was put together, of course, to discredit the 6 million citizens who haven’t killed anybody with their legally-carried handguns.

[size=[size=2] "One might wonder if this scorecard includes [/size]Barbara Graham of Washington, D.C. Well, no, it couldn’t, because she didn't actually kill anybody.Graham is the anti-gun activist who, on Jan. 26, 2000, illegally carried a .45-caliber pistol that belonged to her murdered son to the home of the man she believed responsible for the slaying. He wasn’t, but that didn’t help Kikko Smith..."]

http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seattle-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2010m3d25-Gun-prohibitionists-are-disingenuous-hypocritical

Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/ydfpqcv

SpyderTattoo

imported post

While watching the video at the end of the article, I noticed how the reporter said that the open carry crowd started this controversy by going intoa Starbucks (in California) armed. :banghead:

Dave Workman

imported post

SpyderTattoo wrote:
While watching the video at the end of the article, I noticed how the reporter said that the open carry crowd started this controversy by going into a Starbucks (in California) armed.    :banghead:

Well, that's certainly open for debate, as this started IIRC at a Bay-area coffee shop, and some of the hoplophobes got freaked, and the next thing you know, the Brady Bunch is cranked up, demanding that they be barred.

One might legitimately argue whether that egg came before or after the chicken.

Now, the controversy that this has spawned is pretty much all being generated by the Brady camp, but there was a catalyst. The Brady Bunch is simply milking this for all it is worth, and they are probably guilty of creating a national firestorm simply to get some cheap headlines.

Batousaii

imported post

i kinda think it has largely backfired on them.Since they Brady bunch has been so vocal regarding open carry, i believe we have gotten tons of media attention, and many more are doing it (many join OCDO, many are unicorns). Those that are not doing it, now know it is legal, and weather they support it or not, they will at least be more informed as per legality. The louder they get, the more people seem to be interested in researching us. Not to long ago media was simply through paper or TV. Now we have Internet, and it is much easier to give a solid rebuke to slanted facts. 15 years ago, if the TV or papers were slanting a subject, it was hard to respond and share correct (or alternate) data. These days, it's all about blogs, comments to online articles, facebook, myspace, etc. and easily ideas are shared, and facts and figures can be shared amongst the masses. With a little research, anyone can now clear the clutter and get down to what is supporting those figures, and then make a more educated decision. The end result - the truth is coming out, and people are obviously more into freedom and firearms than into being told what to think. Brady Bunch will slowly make their own demise, and we will be moving ahead with vigor.

amzbrady

imported post

OOOOH, next time Deros get a spot on King 5, He needs to add a comment showing appretiation for The Brady Campaigners putting the word out for us and thank them for all the new members. Would love to see the Ralph Falacio Face Palm on that one. ( I used him cause I forgot the other guys name, and Ralph Fallacy'sname is more fun).