• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Snohomish County Public Works Transfer Station

Idlechater

imported post

This past weekend I had reason to take a load of trash to the Snohomish County Public Works transfer station located by Paine Field in Everett. As I pulled in, I noticed a sign indicating that firearms are not permitted. In looking through the web, it appears that this location is owned by Allied Waste Services, but operated by Snohomish County Solid Waste Division. Thus, my question is whether or not it is permissable for them to ban firearms?

Can one (or more) who is more informed than I address this?

Tomas

imported post

Idlechater wrote:
This past weekend I had reason to take a load of trash to the Snohomish County Public Works transfer station located by Paine Field in Everett. As I pulled in, I noticed a sign indicating that firearms are not permitted. In looking through the web, it appears that this location is owned by Allied Waste Services, but operated by Snohomish County Solid Waste Division. Thus, my question is whether or not it is permissable for them to ban firearms?

Can one (or more) who is more informed than I address this?
My first cut at that would be IF "private property" they can properly post "no firearms" even if the county might be a tenant.

I'd be happy to have someone with a legal background chime in on this, though - IANAL...

joeroket

imported post

It is owned and operated by Snohomish County Solid Waste. I talked with Matt Zybas, the director of solid waste, and brought this to his attention. Apparently he needs a reminder that it is an unlawful sign.

I am sending him an e-mail now.

joeroket

imported post

I just received a response from Matt, the solid waste director.

Solid Waste personnel are working with the Prosecuting Attorney's office to review our request in light of the recent court decision. I anticipate a speedy response to this matter and appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention.

Sincerely,
Matt Zybas
Snohomish County
Solid Waste Director

joeroket

imported post

I just got a response from Matt.

The Solid Waste Division is in the process of removing or covering up fire arm restriction language on our signs at our facilities. If you have any questions please let me know.

Sincerely,
Matt Zybas
Solid Waste Director
[/code]

amlevin

imported post

Evidently the person that posted the sign didn't want anyone shooting the rats. Darn, I sure miss those nights I went to the dump and shot rats until I ran out of ammo. Funny, there were the same number of rats there the next night when I returned with more ammo.

Kind of reminds me of Government and Politicians.

oldkim

imported post

I think the government is missing a lot of revenue for not allowing us to shoot rats anymore at the dump.

Just think of charging a small fee how much they would make. Also do something about those seagulls too (I know I'm sure they're protected by some damn agency).

Man, I like shooting on the move but moving targets would be great! :celebrate

I'm going to have tolook up those moving target stands for a future shoot.

tyguy808

imported post

oldkim wrote:

If you could find a place with a slight breeze, balloons work great. Blow them up, let them go, then.... ugh.... blow them up!

amzbrady

imported post

tyguy808 wrote:
oldkim wrote:

If you could find a place with a slight breeze, balloons work great. Blow them up, let them go, then.... ugh.... blow them up!
I've done that myself, I put string line chalk in them and use the DC air pump to inflate them. Nice red or blue puff cloud.

tyguy808

imported post

Tomas wrote:
tyguy808 wrote:
(And the bullet comes down where?)

Response in one word: NO!

Ugh! I thought someone may mention this. Simple solution: use your lungs to blow them up! They roll or tumble on the ground. Then use your .45 to blow them up! DUH!