• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

oced in walmart, sheboygan

hunter9mm

imported post

Amazing how the Walmarts have such a Mixed Bag of reaction...

OK glad it was uneventfulbut, how long were you in there?

I've read a lot of posts that say "Nothing Much Happened", but some posts have said they saw a LEO driving into the parking lot when they weredriving out.

Like "I wasn't in there long enough" for the tree huggin' granny to make the call from 4 isles over, and the cops to show up and get to me, sort of a thing.

It would be interesting to have some feedback from you all to see just how much time did you spend in the stores???

Dustiniac

Banned
imported post

Um about 10 minutes. I went to see if they had dollies for sale, then got frozen pizza, and some brats and potato salad that i am currently making.

hunter9mm

imported post

I think there's something to be said for a short visit.

Besides for the occasional uninformed store manager/clerk I wonder how many MWAG calls go out quietly from the thousands of "Anti's" out there that we just never know about cause the cops are so slow to respond???

lance galloway

imported post

I was in the Eau Claire Walmart today for about an hour no one said anything but two guys stared at me for about 10 min so I turnedtolook thay wanted to ask but I don't think thay had the guts too.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

hunter9mm wrote:
Amazing how the Walmarts have such a Mixed Bag of reaction...

OK glad it was uneventfulbut, how long were you in there?

I've read a lot of posts that say "Nothing Much Happened", but some posts have said they saw a LEO driving into the parking lot when they weredriving out.

Like "I wasn't in there long enough" for the tree huggin' granny to make the call from 4 isles over, and the cops to show up and get to me, sort of a thing.

It would be interesting to have some feedback from you all to see just how much time did you spend in the stores???
We Came, we carried, we shopped and we left. That is how it should be. Otherwise a loitering charge could be in order. Why give them a reason to be able to question you.

If your shopping takes longer than a few minutes, hey that is great. But don't intentionally extend your shopping spree only to display your accessories. That is not what OC is all about.

If you should happen to be detained while shopping, just keep cool and handle the formalities later through an attorney.

Other than that I think that while you are out shopping at Walmart and you run into someone like the person pictured here, you should immediately walk with your legally and lawfully open carried firearm to the manager and complain that the person is obviously selling crack in the Walmart store and the police should be called.

hunter9mm

imported post

th_lol-045.gif

Regardless of what it's called, there must be some law that was broken in the picture!!!!!!!!!

http://www.hulu.com/watch/2310/saturday-night-live-coin-slot

hunter9mm

imported post

Back on topic here now...

What I'm getting at is

We all spend a few minutes in a store while OCing, (Unless your Nik grocery shopping in front of the BBC camera crew) But I just have a feeling that a large % of incidents just don't happen due to the Police responding at the "Speed of Mud" while we spend a relatively short amount of time actually "IN-The-Store"

Just curious to hear any other similar or contrasting stories.

Plankton

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
imported post

hunter9mm wrote:
Back on topic here now...

What I'm getting at is

We all spend a few minutes in a store while OCing, (Unless your Nik grocery shopping in front of the BBC camera crew) But I just have a feeling that a large % of incidents just don't happen due to the Police responding at the "Speed of Mud" while we spend a relatively short amount of time actually "IN-The-Store"

My wife and I Grocery shop at a Walmart SuperCenter in Monona (suburb of Madison). We are usually in the store about 1.5 hours, all the while I am OCing.:)

*UPDATE* We went again today; 1.5 hours. I have had the same male Walmart associate watch me the last 2 outings; I just make eye contact and smile...and he then goes about his business. This particular store has underground parking, and when we were leaving, I stepped aside to let a man get on the escalator, he stopped short and said "after you, I always let a man with a gun go first".:)

JJC

imported post

I spent the day today going from Walmart to Target, to Kohls to Woodmansending up at aKwik Trip, (LEO sitting outside, paid me no attention). Spent at least 40 Minutes in each, (except Kwik Trip).Other than the Woodmans manager walking past me (said hello) in the dairy isle the day was business as usual. I Didn't notice any reaction from anybody.

JJC

JJC

imported post

JJC wrote:
I spent the day today going from Walmart to Target, to Kohls to Woodmansending up at aKwik Trip, (LEO sitting outside, paid me no attention). Spent at least 40 Minutes in each, (except Kwik Trip).Other than the Woodmans manager walking past me (said hello) in the dairy isle the day was business as usual. I Didn't notice any reaction from anybody.

JJC

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I was in La Crosse.

JJC

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

hunter9mm wrote:
I just have a feeling that a large % of incidents just don't happen due to the Police responding at the "Speed of Mud" while we spend a relatively short amount of time actually "IN-The-Store"

I've wondered the exact same thing... For the thousands of places I've OC'd over the last year there must be an ignorant alarmist or two that MUST have called police once or twice. But I've had ZERO interaction with law enforcement.

I wonder if they get the call and are slow to respond, or if they get the call and use good discretion and realize they don't need to devote resources to open-carriers.

Or maybe like you suggest, response times are just slow. I take my time when I OC, don't want to look like i'm in a rush... sometimes 10 minutes in a store, sometimes an hour. Never had an interaction with leo

hunter9mm

imported post

I bring all of this up only for theultimately obvious reason....

The more we OC, the less of a surprise it will be to the average, non-OCer.

Hopefully, someday soon enough, it will be as "Common-Place" as anything else