• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hour Detroit magazine article

Hyperion

imported post

Did I miss a posting by someone else about this article, or am I the only one who receives this magazine? Six pages in glorious color with statistics and quotes all about CPLs and a side-bar on OC. References to youtube video; the LAN Ponderosa incident; Warren PD, etc.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Hyperion wrote:
Did I miss a posting by someone else about this article, or am I the only one who receives this magazine? Six pages in glorious color with statistics and quotes all about CPLs and a side-bar on OC. References to youtube video; the LAN Ponderosa incident; Warren PD, etc.

I forgot I did an interview with them. If it's not online, how can I get a copy? Can you scan or photocopy and send me a copy of the article? email bjeffs@miopencarry.org

Venator

imported post

Hyperion sent me a pdf of the side bar. Wow what crap. Misquotes me as saying things that the person that was video taping stated, sensationalized the Ponderosa event, stated it was a 911 call instead of a non-emergency call and on and on.

I will post thepdf but it's upside down and will be hard to read. Hit view and you can rotate the page. If I get a copy of the mag I will scan it.

Per advisement from an attorney I have deleted the pdf (copyright thing)

CoonDog

imported post

T Vance wrote:
When the Warren police chief references the guy OCing in a bank parking lot, "Our officers repsonded, and took the guy down", were they talking about Hamandeggs?
It comes across as if he's bragging about what a great job he did protecting the community by crushing a man's rights. Great job, chief, great job. :X

Venator

imported post

T Vance wrote:
CoonDog wrote:
T Vance wrote:
When the Warren police chief references the guy OCing in a bank parking lot, "Our officers repsonded, and took the guy down", were they talking about Hamandeggs?
It comes across as if he's bragging about what a great job he did protecting the community by crushing a man's rights. Great job, chief, great job. :X
That's the way I interpreted it. Of course the "media" either didn't ask more about the topic, or they failed to do so. Either way they failed to report more about it. Typical.
Is Hour Detroit a media in the sense of news or is it just a collection of articles written by authors?

DanM

imported post

Venator wrote:
Is Hour Detroit a media in the sense of news or is it just a collection of articles written by authors?

I assume you mean "legitimatenews". If all you read was Hour Detroit, you would thinkDetroit is a metropolison par with the other actually greatmetros of the U.S. That should tell you all you need to know about HD being media in the sense of news. Far as I can tell, it's just a collection of articles written by authors, as long as you're using the word "authors" loosely.

To the extent HD paints lipstick on the pig that is Detroit, I would be skeptical of anything read in it. When I come across copies of HD, I give it to family who needs bird-cage lining.

:)

northofnowhere

Campaign Veteran
imported post

It would figure they would post lil_freaks comment on long guns. People gotta remember that what you post online is for everyone in the world to see. Overall though, it wasn't that bad an article in my eyes, seemed sorta balanced.

Taurus850CIA

imported post

Beerme wrote:
sprinklerguy28 wrote:
Here is the article from Hour magazine.

The last paragraph made me want to VOMIT
Lil Freak
Please for the love of god
do not do any interviews
"If they dont like long guns or michigan pistols then @#$% them"
That is the kind of asinine attitude that makes all of us look bad.
I understand it is our right to OC them and own them.
But is also their right to not like them.
Part of OC is to get the community on our side, not tell them to @#$% off because they dont agree with you.
I seriously think you need to grow up before participating in any OC events
READ THE WHOLE FRIGGIN SENTENCE. He said 'the mentality of"if they don't like long guns or michigan pistols then f*#@ them' will not get us very far..."

Can we stop with the bashing, please? Are you all just looking for reasons to bash him? You took part of a sentence and used it out of context to bash him. Stop already. PLEASE?

Taurus850CIA

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
It is better to just ignore them Taurus as they are working very hard to divide OCers in this state.

Lil Freak you would do well to heed the above as well.
It's pretty difficult to ignore. I may or may not agree with li'l, but that doesn't matter. The childish poking and prodding is ridiculous.

autosurgeon

imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:
It is better to just ignore them Taurus as they are working very hard to divide OCers in this state.

Lil Freak you would do well to heed the above as well.
It's pretty difficult to ignore. I may or may not agree with li'l, but that doesn't matter. The childish poking and prodding is ridiculous.
Oh I understand... and am not completely ignoring them either... I just don't think they are interested in bahaving like adults at this time.

Venator

imported post

northofnowhere wrote:
It would figure they would post lil_freaks comment on long guns. People gotta remember that what you post online is for everyone in the world to see. Overall though, it wasn't that bad an article in my eyes, seemed sorta balanced.
Except for the first quote they attribute to me where not mine. I thought the OC part was sensationalized.

G

imported post

Venator wrote:
northofnowhere wrote:
Except for the first quote they attribute to me where not mine. I thought the OC part was sensationalized.
Sensationalized is an under statement.

Watch for the UFO.