• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Got myself a taser to carry with my Ruger P95

Aaron1124

imported post

347jtpg.jpg

Aaron1124

imported post

And that Wildfire O.C. is some of the nastiest crap I've ever felt. I test fired outside, and a tiny bit of it must have been settling in the air, as I started gagging instantly. I can't even begin to fathom a full on blast to the face.

amzbrady

imported post

they showed one on Best Defense on the Outdoor channel. Part of a series on being safe while traveling. It would fire the probes, emit a pulse and then you could remove the probes and use it as a body shocker in case there was another attacker. They even said the company would replace the probes if you had to use it in defense. Looked like a pretty nifty gadget.

http://www.downrange.tv/bestdefense/

Aaron1124

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
they showed one on Best Defense on the Outdoor channel. Part of a series on being safe while traveling. It would fire the probes, emit a pulse and then you could remove the probes and use it as a body shocker in case there was another attacker. They even said the company would replace the probes if you had to use it in defense. Looked like a pretty nifty gadget.

http://www.downrange.tv/bestdefense/
Yep. They'll replace both the cartridge and/or taser unit itself, if you send in a copy of the police report, stating that you used the taser in self defense, and had to leave it at the scene.

Aaron1124

imported post

Also, from personal experience, I can tell you the Taser is a very reliable self defense weapon. It works immediately, and has a 15' range for the civilian models.

antispam540

imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
Also, from personal experience, I can tell you the Taser is a very reliable self defense weapon. It works immediately, and has a 15' range for the civilian models.
Awesome - I want one (now I just have to save up for it). One question I have is accuracy, though. My 1911 (with my slight guidance, of course) has a hand-sized-accuracy range of 75 feet.

Aaron1124

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
I would like to get one for my wife, do you need CPL, and how much are they? Do they come in Pink?
The C2 comes in Pink. Go to google and type in "Pink Taser C2". You don't need a CPL or any license or permit to carry one. They're not recognized as a firearm by the ATF, so you can open or conceal carry it however you want. Certain cities may have ordinances against them, but the only one to my knowledge is Bellingham.

The Taser C2 with a laser sight costs $349.99 in most places. You can get them closer to $300.00 if you don't want the laser sight.

There are other models as well.

Accuracy is great, and the best part about it is, you don't have to hit them in any certain spot. As long as both darts make contact ANYWHERE on the body, you'll get full effect. Of course, you'd want to go for the chest, midsection, or back, just so you have the biggest target.