• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Federal Way Discount Guns VS Bear Arms Inc

Aryk45XD

imported post

I've bought a couple guns from Discount in Fed way and Seattle. OCd in Fed way and all I got was a joke about Starbucks and good service. Handed me 200rnds of 5.56 with my rifle and urged to hold a lot of guns. Maybe they needed the business.
That said... I love Ben's Loans. Sometimes I go in just to look and end up buying something because of the great attitudes from almost all the employees. Seems most of them are eager to share knowledge, experience, and good stories all the time.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

Aryk45XD wrote:
I've bought a couple guns from Discount in Fed way and Seattle. OCd in Fed way and all I got was a joke about Starbucks and good service. Handed me 200rnds of 5.56 with my rifle and urged to hold a lot of guns. Maybe they needed the business.
That said... I love Ben's Loans. Sometimes I go in just to look and end up buying something because of the great attitudes from almost all the employees. Seems most of them are eager to share knowledge, experience, and good stories all the time.

Are you talking about Discount Gun Sales or Federal Way Discount Guns? There's only one of the latter and they have much better prices than Discount Gun Sales. Well worth the gas to get there.

Aryk45XD

imported post

I think Discount Gun Sales. I know I was already in the system at FW from buying at Seattle. It was the only place a friend took me to look at guns when I got here. Those places and Ben's loans are the only stores I have gone to. I really should have shopped around, I just didn't want to.

Mainsail

imported post

I’ve OCd several times in Federal Way Guns without incident, so unless something happened recently that changed their policy it doesn’t make sense. Was it an issue with an uniformed employee?

I had that happen to me there when I was looking for a Glock G20. The employee told me the police/military pricing was not allowed for retired military so I went to Mary’s and bought it there. FWG turned away a sure sale because their employees didn’t know what they were doing! I later mentioned this to the owner when I was in to buy a G29 and he was not happy about it. The owner was willing to sell me the G29 with the discount (they claim it’s $50 off but that doesn’t sound quite right), but after the previous frustration I was expecting something from him in the way of an apology. He could have knocked a few bucks off the gun or threw in a box of ammo, anything to make right my previous experience there, but he didn’t. I was there with cash in hand twice and didn’t buy, which I credit to ignorance and poor customer service. Seriously, Mary’s makes it too easy; great CS, great prices, and no BS.

DEROS72

imported post

Why would you say Federalway discount guns does not allow loaded carry...I OC in there all the time...Heres a pic bookman took of me there when we went to get ammo a while back....

Aaron1124

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Why would you say Federalway discount guns does not allow loaded carry...I OC in there all the time...Heres a pic bookman took of me there when we went to get ammo a while back....
Well last time I was there (Probably back in August of 09 or so) they had a sign on the front door that specifically read, "Your unloaded firearm is allowed in our store."

DEROS72

imported post

We open carry there every tme we go in and no one has ever said a word at least for the last couple of years.I saw the sign to but ignored it.I have been in there OC on a couple of occasions talking with LE that happened to be in.again no one ever asked us to leave.

DEROS72

imported post

Just don't say anything about it.It doesn't need to be brought to their attention.That way no one makes a big deal out of something minor.

Dave Workman

imported post

Bob is one of my vendors for "Washington State Gun Rights and Responsibilities" and he runs a good shop.

Friendly, knowledgeable and helpful.

knight_308

imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
Anyone else have any experience with Bear Arms Inc in Kent/Covington?
Been in a few times... not exactly chatty, even when the store is dead. Mostly I drop by about once a year for 123As.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I believe the sign is there as a reminder for a firearm that you are bringing in for other reasons. Repair, trade, try out with a holster, etc...

It is not there for your self defense weapon.

just sayin

EirikBlodok

Federal Way Discount Guns vs Bear Arms

I have bought at both places. Few years back a Springfield 1911 from Bear good experience I would go back if I was in the area. Today purchased two guns from Federal Way Discount Guns a used Taurus 38sp and a new CZ75B I arrived right when they opened, both seem like good place to spend my money to me. YMMV

Justman1020

we are very open carry friendly at LEED in Tacoma, just saying ;)

I have to say I had a great purchase experience with you guys with my m&p9c/night sights on the 28th oct. I love that thing. It shoots fantastically. Thank you. (when I was in there I oc'ed my ruger sr9 without a word mentioned.

Anyone OC in Cabelas?

I have. No issues. Nobody said anything.

I also have oc'ed into welchers gun shop. Very friendly. Very knowledgeable.