• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

In an attempt to lessen confusion

Geoff

imported post

This just added to my confusion. Where does WI law state that you can carry a handgun in a holster?

Geoff

"[font="verdana,geneva"]Right now Wisconsin law states you can openly carry a handgun in a holster[/font]"

qball54208

imported post

WOW Doug, a straight forward, sensible and logical, In Layman's plain English response! I knew you had it in you.
Even though there are people out there that dislike you for all the "cluttered" language you use, you at times exercise a reasonable side and dispel those naysayers!
Rock on!:cool:

qball54208

imported post

To bnhcomputing, thanks for the followup link, good reference material. I had posted a refrence to a book last week called "Criminal Justice Case Briefs" Significant Cases in Criminal Procedure, it lays out a lot of information in Plain English.

professor gun

imported post

The original link is an excellent summary, thanks for posting.

One item that needs to be updated: There is no longer any restriction on age for handling a firearm or participating in target practice with an adult present. This was changed last August with the signing of the law allowing 10 and 11 year olds to hunt with a mentor.