• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Constitutional Carry Billl Question

lostone1413

imported post

I'm thinking I read someplace on the net that the Chief of Police or some LEO Group like that came out in support of the bill after it was amended. Did I read that or at my old age I'm I just mixed up? If I read it anyone know were I can find the article on the net? Thanks

azcdlfred

imported post

lostone1413 wrote:
I'm thinking I read someplace on the net that the Chief of Police or some LEO Group like that came out in support of the bill after it was amended. Did I read that or at my old age I'm I just mixed up? If I read it anyone know were I can find the article on the net? Thanks
You're half-right. The Chiefs of Police associationhas dropped their opposition.

brokenbarrel

imported post

azcdlfred wrote:
lostone1413 wrote:
You're half-right. The Chiefs of Police associationhas dropped their opposition.
+1 that is exactly what i read,in their opinionas amended and seeing how it was going to pass anyway they dropped their opposition basicly they're neutral...

azcdlfred

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
What's the current position of the rank and file LEOs? Anybody know?
All the rank and file police lobbies went "neutral" from opposed, after some "suasage making." Even the more political Chiefs of Police lobby has gone neutral.

By the way, the Senate bill is going to be heard Monday in "third read" and I am working on an Alert to send out. Meanwhile, if you want to contact your Senator, go here.

Fred