• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

purchasing pistol tomorrow few ?s

chargerlover

imported post

i see some people that if they get ancy or what not in a certain store or at night they decide to cover the gun with their shirt instead of ocing if you dont have a cpl is this legal?

autosurgeon

imported post

NO DO NOT COVER YOUR PISTOL IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A CPL.

Sorry for shouting but that would be a 5 year felony and you don't want or need one!

Methinks you need to do a bit more reading as well as attend an OC seminar!

And welcome to OCDO

chargerlover

imported post

i didnt think it was that would totaly negate the need for a cpl lol. i live in davison.mi ill try my hand in ocing tomorrow but am a tad nervouse as im 21 years old so it will look like a kid with a gun in a store practicly. ill post up my results tomorrow.hope all goes well. mite try target,home depo an lowes

chargerlover

imported post

never herd of the wash rinse repeat can u point me to it. i take the voice recorder is for a leo incounter?

sasha601

imported post

Yes, voice recorder is for police encounter. Do not cover your pistol with any part of closing even for a second. I presume you do not have CPL, so if you are driving a car you should remove firearm, unload, put firearm in the trunk and ammunition in a different part of the car. This is because once you are in the car you are considered Conceal Carrying and need CPL

chargerlover

imported post

sasha601 wrote:
Yes, voice recorder is for police encounter. Do not cover your pistol with any part of closing even for a second. I presume you do not have CPL, so if you are driving a car you should remove firearm, unload, put firearm in the trunk and ammunition in a different part of the car. This is because once you are in the car you are considered Conceal Carrying and need CPL
that much i know lol. any oc meetings coming soon in this area? flint burton davison?

chargerlover

imported post

sounds like if i get stoped bya leo i need to ask what im gettin stopped for if im free to go then keep my mouth shut till its over an he decides that im not doing anything un lawfull or dangerous an if he says its legal to carry i ask forhim to contact hissargent?

budlight

imported post

No offense CHARGERLOVER.......I would recommend you do a lot more research on OC before you carry. There are too many issues you can get into, especially without a CPL.

kyleplusitunes

imported post

I applaud your positive intrest in ocing, but from this thread I would highly rwccommend to you to DO NOT OC at this time.

not only will you "look like a kid in a gun store" you will sound like one too, this is a bad bad situation you may be getting yourself into.

do research, we have a oc meet in Durand coming up, come to that IMO ask some questions.

Ruckus

imported post

kyleplusitunes wrote:
I applaud your positive intrest in ocing, but from this thread I would highly rwccommend to you to DO NOT OC at this time.

not only will you "look like a kid in a gun store" you will sound like one too, this is a bad bad situation you may be getting yourself into.

do research, we have a oc meet in Durand coming up, come to that IMO ask some questions.
+1 x 1,000 :exclaim:

***former lurker known as "Ethan_Frome" since 2008.

CrimDoc

imported post

+2 x 2000!

A criminal record picked up early in life can severely f*ck up everything for you ... including finding / keeping a good job (virtually forever). Getting dinged for illegally carrying a firearm is serious stuff ... a felony.

I strongly concur with what others have said ... wait until you have your CPL, it makes the legalities of carrying less thorny AND you will be instructed on the law as part of the mandatory training.

I'm a 37-year-old criminal justice professor who has a Ph.D. in CJ, and I didn't risk carrying until after I obtained my CPL because I didn't want to accidentally mess up and end up with criminal charges hanging over my head.

bandersnatch wrote:
kyleplusitunes wrote:

+1 x 1,000 :exclaim:

***former lurker known as "Ethan_Frome" since 2008.