• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WKYT

Sundiver

imported post

Did anyone see the six o;clock WKYT news tonight? They did an article about guns in the capitol that was very unfair to open carry in general. Made no mention of the Constitutional right. Said that the governor was in a meeting with senate leaders after a man had walked in with a holstered gun.

I was looking for the article on their website so I can send them a mail about unbiased or at least accurate reporting, not that there is such a thing anymore.

Sundiver

imported post

Thos.Jefferson wrote:
what was the title of the story? can you pull video from the site?
No, I looked on the site and couldn;t find it. It was a piece on the nightly news about banning guns from the capitol.

Sundiver

imported post

Found it, 5:30 news minute 14 link at the end transcript follows.

[size= the kentucky house is considering baring guns from the flor and gallery. house speaker greg stumbo has been meeting privately with other lawmakers to talk about security. it comes days after an unidentified man wore a holstered gun into the house chamber. and security for lawmakers is ][/size][size=a rising concern around th country after incidents and threats in the days since the healthcare bill passed.

[url]http://wkyt.videogenesis.net/transcript?utterance=&showstring=UU20100325_1730-065-27_Newsfirst_at_5-30[/url]
][/size]

Thos.Jefferson

imported post

Thanx! Funny how they think that their so called security trumps our rights. Leave it to the liberals to make a mountain out of a mole hill. I'm quite certain the OCer in question is not the first person to carry at the capitol.

langzaiguy

imported post

From what I understand from other news sources, a trooper spied someone wearing a holster in the House chambers. They questioned the guy and the guy was perturbed that he was being questioned and detained. He eventually revealed to them an empty holster.

It really would be nice for a "news source" to reveal all the facts with limited bias.