• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Now legal to carry in State Parks!

Jonathon Sometimes

imported post

I use to loveriding outto Tannehill State Park, but stopped going once I figured out they were "no carry."

I have read the "OC/CC now legal at National Parks thread" before, but I just re-read it and only now figured out that halfway down the thread you guys were talking about STATE PARKS being legal.

Confirmed this via Alabama State Parks website.

WOW. Awesome.

Just thought it deserved it's own thread. OC Tannehill Trade Days, anyone?Or maybe they'll have another Civil War Battle re-enactment soon. YES.

Jonathon Sometimes

imported post

Does ANYONE know when/how this happened?

Did I somehow use brainpower/sheer will to change this magically?

Awesomeness.

Look out Public Demonstration Law. You're next.

(Concentrates.)

Monkeytown

imported post

I don't know when it changed. I know on handgunlaw.us it was changed from illegal to legal on the 15th of this month.

Dude, if you can get this done thru sheer will power I have a long list of things I need done...can you help out? haha

BTW - I am trying to get together a Starbucks OC crew down here in the tri-County area. We can't let you B-ham boys have all the fun!!

MT

eye95

imported post

Jonathon Norris wrote:
Does ANYONE know when/how this happened?

Did I somehow use brainpower/sheer will to change this magically?

Awesomeness.

Look out Public Demonstration Law. You're next.

(Concentrates.)

I think we're stuck with that one. The government doesn't want a bunch of people demonstrating against something it did while they are strapped-on. I think they are afraid of those of us who know and exercise our rights.

49er

imported post

From the "Alabama Administrative Monthly"

C. CONSERVATION AND NATURAL RESOURCES, DEPARTMENT OF

Amended Rule:

220X5.08 Prohibited Devices

Date Filed: January 5, 2010

Public Notice appeared in Volume XXVIII, Issue No. 1 AAM, Dated October

30, 2009.

The proposed changed was mentioned briefly by a member of the Conservation Advisory Board in one of their meetings early last year, but it was never discussed openly at any length. I figure they left it to the commissioner to propose the rulehimself in orderto bypass public discussion in their meetings that would have drawn more attention.

One good example of why we should check the "Administrative Monthly" from time to time. That's where the agencybureaucratspost notices that their proposed rules and rule changes are open for public comment before they go into effect.

Jonathon Sometimes

imported post

OC'ed Tannehill State Parks Trade Days today for about 2 hours with at least 1000 people there.

Not one word. Nor a peep. I'm starting to think it's the aviators. Haha.

Only got a few looks.

State park waters = tested.

REB

imported post

Jonathon Norris wrote:
OC'ed Tannehill State Parks Trade Days today for about 2 hours with at least 1000 people there.

Not one word. Nor a peep. I'm starting to think it's the aviators. Haha.

Only got a few looks.

State park waters = tested.

For what it is worth Tannehill State park is covered under a different section of the administrative code ( 885-1-3)than the rest of the state park system and it has not been changed. So is Red Mountain Greenway (797-X-4) and BEAR CREEK (160-X-8-.01)

These areas are still questionable but I think the powers that be are beginning to realize that these regulations are not consistent with the Alabama constitution.