Thread: .45 ACP ammo?

Post imported post

Im in central WI and the shelves are pretty bare again all over my area, Im noticing lots of "Backordered" status on websites too. The ammo that is available around here is outragously priced, a couple weeks ago Gander had 2 boxes of Blazer NR 230 FMJ on the shelf for $25.99 a box Are we ever going to come out of this? I notice a fair amount of reasonably priced 9mm and .40 ammo at most stores around here but no .45. Fleet Farm hasnt had a box of .45 ammo in almost a year. Same all over?

Post imported post

I'm in central Illinois. I made a couple of stops on the way home from work today. Darnall's was well stocked with powder, but they're still rationing primers to 200 a person. He rarely has large quantities of ammo, but did have some of just about everything. Farm and Fleet was really well stocked on the big sellers. They had tons of 45, 40 S&W, 9mm, and 223. Not much else on their rack though.

Post imported post

I just had 2k rounds of .45 delivered the other day, FMJ and HP. It's out there if you want it and you don't have to spend top dollar to get it. It just takes a bit of patience and persistence.

ETA: http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php?caliber=.45+ACP
    "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun."

Post imported post

The Tula is a good deal at $.31 a round. I fired a 100 rnds of it last Sunday and it was fine. Tula is the factory that makes Wolf ammo so if you've used Wolf this is the same stuff.

Post imported post

I have 45 coming out of my ears. Plenty here in KY. Then again...I cast and reload so maybe that has something to do with it.:celebrate

Post imported post

Shelves are fully stocked with just about any ammo one would want except .380acp,
    here in south central Pa.

~~Springfield

Post imported post

Thats a pretty good buy, if you ask me. Granted, its not the cheapest on the market, but for less then $.50 a round (pre-shipping), thats decent in my book
    Taurus PT1911 .45 ACP. Carried in condition 1, with a total of 25 rounds.

Vice President of Students for Concealed Carry on Campus, ECU Chapter

Post imported post

Lots and lots and lots of 45 ACP here in Denver Metro. 9mm is actually harder to come by; but still easy to find if you're willing to make a few phone calls first.

Banned

Post imported post

cheaper than dirt always has plenty of it for some reason

Post imported post

Beerme wrote:
    They are so so expensive. For me to order a thousand M855 rounds they want over 600 bucks over 350 for the same amount at my other site.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Post imported post

Yeah I know it can be had many places online but I dont care to pay $20+ a box for FMJ practice ammo + shipping. I like the cheap Blazer and stuff for practice, you know the stuff you used to be able to pick up at any store for $15 a box or less and the shelves were always full. On the plus side yesterday I was in Wally World and noticed they had Federal Champion brass for $16.89 a box I picked up four and left a few boxes for the next guy.

Post imported post

Abraxxas wrote:
    Yeah I know it can be had many places online but I dont care to pay $20+ a box for FMJ practice ammo + shipping. I like the cheap Blazer and stuff for practice, you know the stuff you used to be able to pick up at any store for $15 a box or less and the shelves were always full. On the plus side yesterday I was in Wally World and noticed they had Federal Champion brass for $16.89 a box I picked up four and left a few boxes for the next guy.
    Purchasing ammo online in small quantities is pointless. Often times shipping costs as much as the ammo... Especially when ordering .22LR.

Beerme wrote:
    Could it be that Cheaper Than Dirt is anything but? Generally speaking their prices (including shipping) are nearly 50% higher than several other online retailers for the same product. It's kinda sad really, because not too long ago they really where fairly cheap.
    "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun."

Post imported post

I just wish that the primer supply would catch up... the only local place that ever has any is still rationing them. I picked up my 300 WLP's last night... I hadn't been born yet, but was the oil embargo this frustrating?!?

Post imported post

hp-hobo wrote:
    Abraxxas wrote:
    Purchasing ammo online in small quantities is pointless. Often times shipping costs as much as the ammo... Especially when ordering .22LR.

I agree, Inever order less than 500rds when I find a good deal online and I buy .22 local, it has always been plentiful around here and still pretty cheap.

Post imported post

Lot's of 45 acp out there. Ammoman.com
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???