• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

.45 ACP ammo?

Abraxxas

imported post

Im in central WI and the shelves are pretty bare again all over my area, Im noticing lots of "Backordered" status on websites too. The ammo that is available around here is outragously priced, a couple weeks ago Gander had 2 boxes of Blazer NR 230 FMJ on the shelf for $25.99 a box :lol: Are we ever going to come out of this? I notice a fair amount of reasonably priced 9mm and .40 ammo at most stores around here but no .45. Fleet Farm hasnt had a box of .45 ammo in almost a year. Same all over?

CraigC178

imported post

I'm in central Illinois. I made a couple of stops on the way home from work today. Darnall's was well stocked with powder, but they're still rationing primers to 200 a person. He rarely has large quantities of ammo, but did have some of just about everything. Farm and Fleet was really well stocked on the big sellers. They had tons of 45, 40 S&W, 9mm, and 223. Not much else on their rack though.

jwidman

imported post

The Tula is a good deal at $.31 a round. I fired a 100 rnds of it last Sunday and it was fine. Tula is the factory that makes Wolf ammo so if you've used Wolf this is the same stuff.

chris in va

imported post

I have 45 coming out of my ears. Plenty here in KY. Then again...I cast and reload so maybe that has something to do with it.:celebrate

cscitney87

imported post

Lots and lots and lots of 45 ACP here in Denver Metro. 9mm is actually harder to come by; but still easy to find if you're willing to make a few phone calls first.

zack991

imported post

Beerme wrote:
cheaper than dirt always has plenty of it for some reason
They are so so expensive. For me to order a thousand M855 rounds they want over 600 bucks over 350 for the same amount at my other site.

Abraxxas

imported post

Yeah I know it can be had many places online but I dont care to pay $20+ a box for FMJ practice ammo + shipping. I like the cheap Blazer and stuff for practice, you know the stuff you used to be able to pick up at any store for $15 a box or less and the shelves were always full. On the plus side yesterday I was in Wally World and noticed they had Federal Champion brass for $16.89 a box :D I picked up four and left a few boxes for the next guy.

hp-hobo

imported post

Abraxxas wrote:
Yeah I know it can be had many places online but I dont care to pay $20+ a box for FMJ practice ammo + shipping. I like the cheap Blazer and stuff for practice, you know the stuff you used to be able to pick up at any store for $15 a box or less and the shelves were always full. On the plus side yesterday I was in Wally World and noticed they had Federal Champion brass for $16.89 a box :D I picked up four and left a few boxes for the next guy.
Purchasing ammo online in small quantities is pointless. Often times shipping costs as much as the ammo... Especially when ordering .22LR.

Beerme wrote:
cheaper than dirt always has plenty of it for some reason
Could it be that Cheaper Than Dirt is anything but? Generally speaking their prices (including shipping) are nearly 50% higher than several other online retailers for the same product. It's kinda sad really, because not too long ago they really where fairly cheap.

CraigC178

imported post

I just wish that the primer supply would catch up... the only local place that ever has any is still rationing them. I picked up my 300 WLP's last night... I hadn't been born yet, but was the oil embargo this frustrating?!?

Abraxxas

imported post

hp-hobo wrote:
Abraxxas wrote:
Purchasing ammo online in small quantities is pointless. Often times shipping costs as much as the ammo... Especially when ordering .22LR.

I agree, Inever order less than 500rds when I find a good deal online and I buy .22 local, it has always been plentiful around here and still pretty cheap.