• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Lawsuit and Judgement

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Despite Dug's proclivity to try to shoot holes in anything and everything that might offer people some optimism, these cases do have merit and value.

These cases demonstrate that the court system DOES provide relief for people who carry who are wronged by police.

While many of these cases are not precedent setting or binding legal decisions because they are at the trial-court level and/or do not involve a written decision, these cases do serve a persuasive value.

Even reaching across borders both for municipalities to see the financial detriment and public embarrassment that these victories/judgments/settlements mean to other municipalities and departments who operate outside their legal authority AND for law-abiding citizens who see that the court system can and does provide relief for you if you are unlawfully detained/arrested... These cases have GREAT value.

Of course Master Dug will point out that "great" is a matter of perspective... And indeed it is.

Dug provides a great deal of information... Unfortunately he seems to (intentionally) only provide a portion of relevant information which often times can confuse mislead and belittle others. its his M.O. Of course he'll claim any confusion "isn't his problem"

I hope that current and future new members are not put off by his "in-your-face-pessimism" nor discouraged by his factually correct but misleading method of telling just the facts that make him look right while trying to make another look foolish.

There is an old saying that you can be right and still be wrong...

hunter9mm

imported post

Well Said Nik..

I think originally, I was somewhat perturbed with the "Doug-M.O." But after a short time, one learns to sift through the BS and see there is often, some real information there that adds value to the post. Anyone that has spent a fair amount of time on ANY forum, can realize that Doug is our very own loveable little "FORUM TROLL". You gotta take that and run with it!!!

AaronS

imported post

hunter9mm wrote:
Well Said Nik..

I think originally, I was somewhat perturbed with the "Doug-M.O." But after a short time, one learns to sift through the BS and see there is often, some real information there that adds value to the post. Anyone that has spent a fair amount of time on ANY forum, can realize that Doug is our very own lovable little "FORUM TROLL". You gotta take that and run with it!!!
I can not agree about the lovable part, but we do agree that he is the forum troll. I guess I just look at him as the family member that we all wish we did not have...;)