• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MC Leather & Sporting Goods - Lynchburg

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The wife and I were having dinner at the Neighbor's Place over in the Wyndhurst neighborhood of Lynchburg this evening and of course I was OCing as normal. Well as we sat, Tyler, one of the servers came over and told me about a new gun shop just down the hill (on Northwynd)from Edible Arrangements (at corner of Northwynd and Enterprise)up the street from the restaurant (which is approximately on Enterprise). So after dinner I drive by and see what I can see. Once I got home I looked online for the place and managed to find their website. Well, I found it and I am impressed. A quick look around the website shows the owner Michael Coffey is not just some gun dealer who doesn't care about the rights of his customers, but right there on the website is a summary of Virginia firearm law and a good discussion of both open carry and concealed carry. This looks like a place where I'll be spending some time. :) Oh, AND they are apparently opening up an indoor range as well ! Sweet! Check them out!

http://www.mc-leather.com/

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

You ought to set up another OC dinner so Ihave an excuse tocome down, check this place out, and then meet some of you.

stay safe.

skidmark

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

jmelvin wrote:
If I can ever be gauranteed that I'll leave work at a time closer to dinner-time than breakfast I'd have set it up already. :(
When you do get there, ask about VCDL discounts for Ed's spreadsheet. Most of what he has so far is still up north.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

jmelvin wrote:
If I can ever be gauranteed that I'll leave work at a time closer to dinner-time than breakfast I'd have set it up already. :(

Dinner is just the choice of commestables. It can be eaten at any time of the day.

If that does not work for you, how about a Saturday breakfast meet-up? We could bus in northern aggitators from Richmond if the food was half-way decent.:what:

stay safe.

skidmark

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:
They might want to put their ADDRESS somewhere on the website... if it's there I sure can't find it.
Seriously, how much more specific than
The wife and I were having dinner at the Neighbor's Place over in the Wyndhurst neighborhood of Lynchburg this evening and of course I was OCing as normal. Well as we sat, Tyler, one of the servers came over and told me about a new gun shop just down the hill from Edible Arrangements up the street from the restaurant.
do you need? It's Lynchburg, fer crying out loud.

"Down the hill from E.A. up the street from N's.P." So, obviously between here & there. I'm not even a native Virginian & I can follow the directions.

stay safe.

skidmark

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Google maps gives you everything you need. Street map and topo. :)

They are in the process of moving from what I gather. Moving to the spot near Neighbor's Place from Madison Heights.

curtiswr

imported post

That's pretty cool. Lynchburg needs a place like that, I think. :)

Looks like they have pretty decent prices too.

And skidmark's right; them's sufficient deerections for Lynchburg. :p

GoldDot

imported post

Although I don't regularly OC, I would be interested in meeting other liked-minded individuals in the Burg.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Sounds good GoldDot, watch the board for the announcement of an "open carry" dinner here in Lynchburg. I'll do my best to schedule one sometime in mid-April.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Well the wife and I stopped by the new shop today and were pleasantly surprised. The store was niceley kept and bright and all of the staff were friendly and welcoming. The selection was good for a little store and the prices were excellent! They had new Glock 19's for $480 and new Ruger SR9C's for $389. I think this place might be dangerous for the budget of the jmelvin household :)

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

By the way if someone knows where I can get a pile of VCDL pamphlets please let me know or one of y'all stop by this spot when you come down for the VCDL Lynchburg meeting. The shop owner was not familiar with OCDO so I gave him the link to the place and was only slightly familiar with the VCDL (he gets the newsletter, but didn't know about the VA-ALERT) so I gave him more info and asked him if he'd be willing to leave VCDL pamphlets out for his customers. He said he'd be happy to have them out if he could get some.

With this store having good prices, and a pleasant atmosphereI fully expect it to succeed here in Lynchburg. If the owner is interested I think this may also be a good way to let locals know about what a good resource we have in the VCDL.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

jmelvin wrote:
By the way if someone knows where I can get a pile of VCDL pamphlets please let me know
I can send you "Join the VCDL" business cards or e-mail you a VCDL membership application that you can spend 10-20 bucks on and print out a "pile" at your local Kinkos or Staples, etc.

GoldDot

imported post

ed wrote:
jmelvin wrote:
By the way if someone knows where I can get a pile of VCDL pamphlets please let me know
I can send you "Join the VCDL" business cards or e-mail you a VCDL membership application that you can spend 10-20 bucks on and print out a "pile" at your local Kinkos or Staples, etc.
The VCDL folks that were here in Lynchburg for the gun show last month had a pile of stuff. Could they be a source?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

jmelvin wrote:
By the way if someone knows where I can get a pile of VCDL pamphlets please let me know or one of y'all stop by this spot when you come down for the VCDL Lynchburg meeting. The shop owner was not familiar with OCDO so I gave him the link to the place and was only slightly familiar with the VCDL (he gets the newsletter, but didn't know about the VA-ALERT) so I gave him more info and asked him if he'd be willing to leave VCDL pamphlets out for his customers. He said he'd be happy to have them out if he could get some.

Contact Bruce Jackson at VCDL (mamber Pourshot here at OCDO) - there is a VCDL business pack with display stand, applications, and other info.

Also ask the owner about giving a discount to VCDL members, then let Ed know so he can add another merchant.

stay safe.

skidmark

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I considered asking about discounts for members, but this guy keeps pricing close to the bone from what I've seen. Maybe once I've spent a little money to help him keep his doors open will I consider suggesting lower prices for some folk. Although the Wyndhurst area is nice, many businesses close their doors there because rent is so high and it's not a high profile area. For now I'm content to have a friendly business owner who seems interested in offering good prices and cares enough to make sure his customers are filled in on the applicable carry laws. That's far better than any of the places we have in town right now.