Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jan 3 San Pedro PRAR Request Denied!!

Post imported post

Katarina A. Thomas, Lieutenant Acting Officer-in-Charge, Discovery Section, Risk Management Division denied my PRAR request in its entirety.

Attached in the second post is my initial request and all other documents will be attached asap. I was keeping my PRAR request quiet however their arrogance convinced me that the full might of the OCDO community needs to be brought against them.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...
    Stolen from ConditionThree because it can't be stressed enough.

Post imported post

Ok I thought there was a way to consolidate all my documents onto one post but I guess not sothey will just be posted below until I find out how to put them all up here.

Edit to add armys video of our false arrest. Sorry LAPD but you did arrest us.

http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a198/Messkit/?action=view&current=SanPedroillegaldetainment byLAPD.flv

Post imported post

Please repost...2nd post blank?!?

Post imported post

"Risk Management Division"

Guess that says it all !

Well, I suppose that all those who witnessed and personally experienced LAPD overplaying its hand on January 3 should not be terribly surprised by this denial.

This incident is so strikingly similar to that of the UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE DISTRICT OF NEW MEXICO case of MATTHEW A. ST. JOHN v. DAVID McCOLLEY and THE SIX UNKNOWN OFFICERS OF THE ALAMOGORDO DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY . . .

http://www.nmcourt.fed.us/Drs-Web/view-file?full-path-file-name=%2Fdata%2Fdrs%2Fdm%2Fdocuments%2Fcadd%2F2009% 2F09%2F08%2F0002561429-0000000000-08cv00994.pdf

. . . that LAPD and City attorneys are almost certainly withholding thisdamning evidence for fear of self-incrimination. Some risk management strategy, huh?

And St. John won his case without the benefit of nofewer than two video cameras recording the entirefiasco from start to finish.

Now, a written complaint is the next step in the process, is it not?

Post imported post

$1,000,000 is a nice round number.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Post imported post

A ECNALG wrote:
    "Risk Management Division"

Guess that says it all !

Well, I suppose that all those who witnessed and personally experienced LAPD overplaying its hand on January 3 should not be terribly surprised by this denial.

This incident is so strikingly similar to that of the UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE DISTRICT OF NEW MEXICO case of MATTHEW A. ST. JOHN v. DAVID McCOLLEY and THE SIX UNKNOWN OFFICERS OF THE ALAMOGORDO DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY . . .

http://www.nmcourt.fed.us/Drs-Web/view-file?full-path-file-name=%2Fdata%2Fdrs%2Fdm%2Fdocuments%2Fcadd%2F2009% 2F09%2F08%2F0002561429-0000000000-08cv00994.pdf

. . . that LAPD and City attorneys are almost certainly withholding thisdamning evidence for fear of self-incrimination. Some risk management strategy, huh?

And St. John won his case without the benefit of nofewer than two video cameras recording the entirefiasco from start to finish.

Now, a written complaint is the next step in the process, is it not?
    http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S1164609.shtml

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar

Post imported post

I didn't know they could deny the request, these are PUBLIC records. Time to get a lawyer. I'll pitch in for the fees. Would CGF be interested in helping to get these records?

ETA: I smell a rat!
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

Post imported post

Risk Management Division eh?

The next step up from a PRAR is a subpoena!
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

Post imported post

My PRAR request:

Post imported post

LAPD extension:

Post imported post

PRAR Denial:

Post imported post

Man, that is a bunch of CRAP.

Sounds like they're trying to identify any and every act that the police to as "an investigation that is exempt".

LAWYER AND LAWSUIT TIME.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Sons of Liberty's Avatar

Post imported post

Did they cite a reason for their denial?

Are there reasons stipulated in the law that allows for denial of a PRAR request?
    Clinging to God & Guns: The Constitution Restoration Project

Post imported post

Here are the rules for such a request.

http://www.harp.org/og/cpra.htm#6250

• (a) When a member of the public requests to inspect a public record or obtain a copy of a public record, the public agency, in order to assist the member of the public make a focused and effective request that reasonably describes an identifiable record or records, shall do all of the following, to the extent reasonable under the circumstances:
      • (1) Assist the member of the public to identify records and information that are responsive to the request or to the purpose of the request, if stated.
      • (2) Describe the information technology and physical location in which the records exist.
      • (3) Provide suggestions for overcoming any practical basis for denying access to the records or information sought.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Post imported post

Sons of Liberty wrote:
    Did they cite a reason for their denial?

Are there reasons stipulated in the law that allows for denial of a PRAR request?
    The denial document is posted as a link. If you read it you will get your answers.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Post imported post

We-the-People wrote:

Sounds like they're trying to identify any and every act that the police to as "an investigation that is exempt".

LAWYER AND LAWSUIT TIME.
    Isn't a 12031(e) check technically an "inspection"? Investigating is very different from inspecting. Isn't the result of an inspection supposed to be public, anyway? It'll be interesting to see what they were supposedly "investigating."

The LAPD has been caught with it's pants down once again.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Sons of Liberty's Avatar

Post imported post

Of course, the incident never happened!

X-files!

This doesn't sound right...I'll bet this answer was constructed in hopes you will get discouraged and go away. Maybe the LAPD is knowingly violating the law because, if you do persist, they are no worse off under a judges order to comply than if they complied with the request in the first place.

Maybe you can file a compliant with Jerry Brown on the LAPD handling of your request. He might be looking for some good publicity to expose an LAPD cover-up! I heard he's running for governor.
    Clinging to God & Guns: The Constitution Restoration Project

Post imported post

Sons of Liberty wrote:
    Of course, the incident never happened!

X-files!

This doesn't sound right...I'll bet this answer was constructed in hopes you will get discouraged and go away. Maybe the LAPD is knowingly violating the law because, if you do persist, they are no worse off under a judges order to comply than if they complied with the request in the first place.

Maybe you can file a compliant with Jerry Brown on the LAPD handling of your request. He might be looking for some good publicity to expose an LAPD cover-up! I heard he's running for governor.
    Maybe not during his elect

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar

Post imported post

Nopal wrote:
    We-the-People wrote:

LAWYER AND LAWSUIT TIME.
    Isn't a 12031(e) check technically an "inspection"? Investigating is very different from inspecting. Isn't the result of an inspection supposed to be public, anyway? It'll be interesting to see what they were supposedly "investigating."

Yes it is...and maybe they aren't finished with their investigation! Maybe the UOC'ers were marked as a new gang. Maybe they're still watching those who participated.

The denial letter sure made it sound like something more was going on behind the scenes. Though at least they made it was clear thatthey haven't re-evaluated or changed their policies for law-abiding UOC'ers (item #7). They're not exactly what I'd callaConstitutionally focused PD.

"Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

Post imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
    Nopal wrote:
    We-the-People wrote:

LAWYER AND LAWSUIT TIME.

Yes it is...and maybe they aren't finished with their investigation! Maybe the UOC'ers were marked as a new gang. Maybe they're still watching those who participated.

The denial letter sure made it sound like something more was going on behind the scenes. Though at least they made it was clear thatthey haven't re-evaluated or changed their policies for law-abiding UOC'ers (item #7). They're not exactly what I'd callaConstitutionally focused PD.

look for the keyword.

(e) In order to determine whether or not a firearm is loaded for
    the purpose of enforcing this section, peace officers are authorized
    to examine any firearm carried by anyone on his or her person or in a
    vehicle while in any public place or on any public street in an
    incorporated city or prohibited area of an unincorporated territory.

Post imported post

I strongly urge anyone considering doing PRARs about CCWs or OCing incidents to first contact "Team Billy Jack" at http://www.californiaconcealedcarry.com/ They've got a TON of experience doing forensic analysis of CCW applications via PRARs and may help you in wording (almost designing) your request so that you are successful in getting what you want.

Tell them "Paladin" from CGN sent you.

Post imported post

Paladin4CA wrote:
    I strongly urge anyone considering doing PRARs about CCWs or OCing incidents to first contact "Team Billy Jack" at http://www.concealedcarry.com They've got a TON of experience doing forensic analysis of CCW applications via PRARs and may help you in wording (almost designing) your request so that you are successful in getting what you want.

All I see there is clothes for sale??? Concealed carry Clothiers

Post imported post

Gundude wrote:
    Paladin4CA wrote:
    I strongly urge anyone considering doing PRARs about CCWs or OCing incidents to first contact "Team Billy Jack" at http://www.concealedcarry.com They've got a TON of experience doing forensic analysis of CCW applications via PRARs and may help you in wording (almost designing) your request so that you are successful in getting what you want.

Sorry about that. I've fixed the link.

Post imported post

Gundude wrote:
    WOW. Those are some seriously ugly vests. I may not have beans for fashion sense, but WOW.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast