Thread: "Unenforceable" ordinances, Wisc. Stats. 66.0401 and 66.0409

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

I presented my question as; my town has a gun control ordinance that does not comply with 66.0409 and that I have not been able to make go away. I have also been requested to prepare an ordinance that violates 66.0401. If no one cares about one, then why the other? What can I do?

The answer was; why waste the town attorney's time (we don't have/pay one), why expose the town to the liability of court costs and damages? The gun control ordinance is 20 or 30 years old and un-challenged.

How long would it take the windmill ordinance to be challenged? Fighting it in court would be better than the fait accompli that Egg Harbor has suffered - a windmill that no one can do anything about.

Jumping through the 167 - 941 fork, today I wondered if it couldn't be argued, if only in this limited instance, that a gun locked 'open' (not fully assembled) is not yet a gun.

Thank goodness I-ANAL. Better, I had a good dinner at the Neighborhood Pub by myself and I've had a couple of glasses prescribed by the good Doctor. Good night.

Blue River, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

What are you talking about?

Just curious, must be important to you since you posted but I don't know what you are talking about.
    Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

Founder's Club Member
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

He asked then asnwered his own question.