• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Unenforceable" ordinances, Wisc. Stats. 66.0401 and 66.0409

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

I presented my question as; my town has a gun control ordinance that does not comply with 66.0409 and that I have not been able to make go away. I have also been requested to prepare an ordinance that violates 66.0401. If no one cares about one, then why the other? What can I do?

The answer was; why waste the town attorney's time (we don't have/pay one), why expose the town to the liability of court costs and damages? The gun control ordinance is 20 or 30 years old and un-challenged.

How long would it take the windmill ordinance to be challenged? Fighting it in court would be better than the fait accompli that Egg Harbor has suffered - a windmill that no one can do anything about.

Jumping through the 167 - 941 fork, today I wondered if it couldn't be argued, if only in this limited instance, that a gun locked 'open' (not fully assembled) is not yet a gun.

Thank goodness I-ANAL. Better, I had a good dinner at the Neighborhood Pub by myself and I've had a couple of glasses prescribed by the good Doctor. Good night.