Thread: jefferson parish open carry

Post imported post

i am only 19 years old but i have been given an hk usp .45 for my birthday. i am an avid shooter and hk enthusiest. however i would like to know the attitude of jp's towards open carry. can any of you give me some advice?

Post imported post

also, as i understand it, it is perfectly legal for me ,under louisiana law to possess and carry a pistol, however, are there any federal regulations that supercede our state laws?

Post imported post

marrero jeff wrote:
    also, as i understand it, it is perfectly legal for me ,under louisiana law to possess and carry a pistol, however, are there any federal regulations that supercede our state laws?
    Not that I know of.

Post imported post

marrero jeff wrote:
    i am only 19 years old but i have been given an hk usp .45 for my birthday. i am an avid shooter and hk enthusiest. however i would like to know the attitude of jp's towards open carry. can any of you give me some advice?
    Well, according to Steven Seagal, Lawman, you aren't old enough to have a gun.

Go to- http://www.aetv.com/steven-seagal-la...id=58580835001and fastforward to about 5:20. Mr Lawman and his buddies commit Theft Under Color of Law on a motorist and all he does is ask for Seagals autograph. If it happens to you just tell him you will get his autograph at the court hearing when you sue his hollywood butt and the Department too. Then jump up and down waving at the camera and yelling Open Carry Dot Org, Open Carry Dot Org, over and over.
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org

Post imported post

marrero jeff wrote:
    The easy thing to do is to post a question about law on a forum. The hard thing is knowing whether the question has been answered correctly. The proper question here is "where can I go to research federal law concerning firearms restrictions that may apply to me?" You can go here...

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/

This is one of many places. Just Google "federal statutes". You will want to search the Code of Federal Regulations also...

Owning and carrying a firearm is a very very SMALL part of one's self defense responsibility. Knowing the applicable law is paramount.

Post imported post

Golly, it seems like Jeff was just looking for some advice about OCing in JP. Why is an armed march in order? Could it possibly, maybe have something to do with your self-proclaimed anarchist and anti-government agendas, Mr. Marchiafava?

Post imported post

marrero jeff,

I OC regularly in JP not too far from you - mostly businesses on Manhattan - and have not been hassled by LEO there. However, I am 50 years old. If they see someone 19 with a gun, they are more than likely to stop them, especially inmarrero where there have been problems with gang activity. It's not right, but it may happen.

You should spend some time reading the boards here, researching the laws, and thinking through scenarios in which you might encounter a hostile LEO reaction. It's better to anticipate and prepare than to let the emotion of the moment get the best of you - and you WILL be highly emotional when some LEO is shouting at you.

If you present yourself well and can speak respectfully under stress, you will come out better in the end than if you act like a smart-ass.

The good news is that OC has gotten a LOT of press lately, and the likelihood ofan LEO not being familiar with it should go down because of that. The likelihood of an LEO not liking it is another thing entirely.

Post imported post

Expect a lecture from Reserve Deputy Chief Seagal.

Post imported post

No he's back in Hollywood filming a direct to DVD movie. He mentioned it in his last episode like 15 times
    Freedom is a bit like sex, when your getting it you take it for granted, when you're not you want it bad, other people get mad at you for having it and others want to take it away from you so only they have it.

Post imported post

Post imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
    Gee, seems an organized OC outing/walk is in order........................
    And you'll be getting that together when?......
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Him: "I carry my gun concealed"
    Me: "You're not very good at it"
    Him: "What do you mean?"
    Me: "I know you have a gun"
    End of conversation.

Post imported post

yale wrote:
    Aside from that frequently-repeated and idiotic fallacy, you know what else jumped out at me? Their PC for stopping the car was that the driver wasn't wearing a seatbelt. Neither were the cops.

Saint Francisville, Louisiana, United States

Post imported post

KBCraig wrote:
    yale wrote:
    Aside from that frequently-repeated and idiotic fallacy, you know what else jumped out at me? Their PC for stopping the car was that the driver wasn't wearing a seatbelt. Neither were the cops.
    I have noticed that they almost never wear a seatbelt in the show. Hmmm.. I guess if you're Steven Seagal or a cop around him, laws don't apply.

Post imported post

Thank you all for the insight. I have finally gotten my USP and have sent it to the shop for some new sights and trigger work. once that is done, i'll be carrying regularly.

Post imported post

Nikki_Black wrote:
    KBCraig wrote:
    yale wrote:
    I have noticed that they almost never wear a seatbelt in the show. Hmmm.. I guess if you're Steven Seagal or a cop around him, laws don't apply.
    Not Seagal...... He wouldn't be "Above the Law". :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Post imported post

Slidell Jim wrote:
    Nikki_Black wrote:
    KBCraig wrote:
    yale wrote:
    Not Seagal...... He wouldn't be "Above the Law". :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate
    Come on the man is just "Out for Justice. He's "On Deadly Ground" when patrolling the streets of JP. He doesn't need any "Exit Wounds" or for anybody to leave him "Half Past Dead" "Submerged" in a canal somewhere. He's a one man "Attack Force" that's out for "Urban Justice". Sure he may have "Pistol Whipped" a perp or two, but he's "Against the Dark".

He's a "Dangerous Man" "Born to Raise Hell", that Steven Segal.

Thanks imdb, http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000219/

Post imported post

Color me impressed.
    Freedom is a bit like sex, when your getting it you take it for granted, when you're not you want it bad, other people get mad at you for having it and others want to take it away from you so only they have it.