• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

jefferson parish open carry

marrero jeff

imported post

i am only 19 years old but i have been given an hk usp .45 for my birthday. i am an avid shooter and hk enthusiest. however i would like to know the attitude of jp's towards open carry. can any of you give me some advice?

marrero jeff

imported post

also, as i understand it, it is perfectly legal for me ,under louisiana law to possess and carry a pistol, however, are there any federal regulations that supercede our state laws?

sraacke

imported post

marrero jeff wrote:
i am only 19 years old but i have been given an hk usp .45 for my birthday. i am an avid shooter and hk enthusiest. however i would like to know the attitude of jp's towards open carry. can any of you give me some advice?

Well, according to Steven Seagal, Lawman, you aren't old enough to have a gun.

Go to- http://www.aetv.com/steven-seagal-lawman/video/?bcpid=46881070001&bclid=58795760001&bctid=58580835001and fastforward to about 5:20. Mr Lawman and his buddies commit Theft Under Color of Law on a motorist and all he does is ask for Seagals autograph. If it happens to you just tell him you will get his autograph at the court hearing when you sue his hollywood butt and the Department too. Then jump up and down waving at the camera and yelling Open Carry Dot Org, Open Carry Dot Org, over and over.

georg jetson

imported post

marrero jeff wrote:
also, as i understand it, it is perfectly legal for me ,under louisiana law to possess and carry a pistol, however, are there any federal regulations that supercede our state laws?
The easy thing to do is to post a question about law on a forum. The hard thing is knowing whether the question has been answered correctly. The proper question here is "where can I go to research federal law concerning firearms restrictions that may apply to me?" You can go here...

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/

This is one of many places. Just Google "federal statutes". You will want to search the Code of Federal Regulations also...

Owning and carrying a firearm is a very very SMALL part of one's self defense responsibility. Knowing the applicable law is paramount.

barf

imported post

Golly, it seems like Jeff was just looking for some advice about OCing in JP. Why is an armed march in order? Could it possibly, maybe have something to do with your self-proclaimed anarchist and anti-government agendas, Mr. Marchiafava?

XD-GEM

Campaign Veteran
imported post

marrero jeff,

I OC regularly in JP not too far from you - mostly businesses on Manhattan - and have not been hassled by LEO there. However, I am 50 years old. If they see someone 19 with a gun, they are more than likely to stop them, especially inmarrero where there have been problems with gang activity. It's not right, but it may happen.

You should spend some time reading the boards here, researching the laws, and thinking through scenarios in which you might encounter a hostile LEO reaction. It's better to anticipate and prepare than to let the emotion of the moment get the best of you - and you WILL be highly emotional when some LEO is shouting at you.

If you present yourself well and can speak respectfully under stress, you will come out better in the end than if you act like a smart-ass.

The good news is that OC has gotten a LOT of press lately, and the likelihood ofan LEO not being familiar with it should go down because of that. The likelihood of an LEO not liking it is another thing entirely.

KBCraig

imported post

yale wrote:
Aside from that frequently-repeated and idiotic fallacy, you know what else jumped out at me? Their PC for stopping the car was that the driver wasn't wearing a seatbelt. Neither were the cops.

Nikki_Black

Saint Francisville, Louisiana, United States
imported post

KBCraig wrote:
yale wrote:
Aside from that frequently-repeated and idiotic fallacy, you know what else jumped out at me? Their PC for stopping the car was that the driver wasn't wearing a seatbelt. Neither were the cops.
I have noticed that they almost never wear a seatbelt in the show. Hmmm.. I guess if you're Steven Seagal or a cop around him, laws don't apply. :banghead:

marrero jeff

imported post

Thank you all for the insight. I have finally gotten my USP and have sent it to the shop for some new sights and trigger work. once that is done, i'll be carrying regularly.

Slidell Jim

imported post

Nikki_Black wrote:
KBCraig wrote:
yale wrote:
I have noticed that they almost never wear a seatbelt in the show. Hmmm.. I guess if you're Steven Seagal or a cop around him, laws don't apply. :banghead:
Not Seagal...... He wouldn't be "Above the Law". :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

barf

imported post

Slidell Jim wrote:
Nikki_Black wrote:
KBCraig wrote:
yale wrote:
Not Seagal...... He wouldn't be "Above the Law". :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate
Come on the man is just "Out for Justice. He's "On Deadly Ground" when patrolling the streets of JP. He doesn't need any "Exit Wounds" or for anybody to leave him "Half Past Dead" "Submerged" in a canal somewhere. He's a one man "Attack Force" that's out for "Urban Justice". Sure he may have "Pistol Whipped" a perp or two, but he's "Against the Dark".

He's a "Dangerous Man" "Born to Raise Hell", that Steven Segal.

Thanks imdb, http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000219/