• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Youngsters

rmansu2

imported post

Jeff, I agree it is completely legal. I agree that you should not have problems while OC'ing. But that's likely not to be the case.

I would say, "Carry a gun you would trust your life with, in a holster you can draw from that has adequate retention".

For you, I will add, know the statute(s) that make it legal for you to carry in LA and try to have a good idea of the laws the officer is going to quote when he tells you it's illegal.

Good luck, and carry on.

bomber

imported post

marrero jeff wrote:
I am 19 and i am considering carrying my usp .45 on a regular basis. dont worry, its legal in louisiana. however, i was curious about your opinions about me being so young a carrying a pistol openly. all responses welcome

do it

eye95

imported post

marrero jeff wrote:
I am 19 and i am considering carrying my usp .45 on a regular basis. dont worry, its legal in louisiana. however, i was curious about your opinions about me being so young a carrying a pistol openly. all responses welcome
If you trained and practiced in the use of it, carry on!

Neeslycrunch

imported post

marrero jeff wrote:
Just remember that if you leave Louisiana, you may not be legal. Otherwise, good luck.

thnycav

imported post

When I was 19 the Army trusted me with a M16, M60, M1911a1 and all kind of other firepower so why not you.