• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bad Dog--- Pitbull Attacks Patrol Vehicle

cscitney87

imported post

tekshogun wrote:
knob2040 wrote:
TO clarify... The dog is friendly around people but will attack vehicles and forklifts..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjYM0PVftOg
Friendly around people until someone tries to stop it from tearing their property apart.
To somehow tie this into Open Carry; I will include my opinion that ferocious dogs are deadly. That being said, when one is approached by an unleashed dog, of this type, you should have no choice but to open fire. The ferocious pit will not wait to argue with you; it will eat your neck off real quick. I am a pet owner, including two canines; including a boxer. Every single one of my neighbors knows my dogs and sometimes, for that reason, they are off the leash. If they approach a stranger; I would honestly really honestly understand if the stranger shot my unleashed boxer. It just plain doesn't look friendly, even when it's smiling.

I have a pitbul neighbor nearby and it's a nuisance. The police and animal control have helped us out, though. I open carry obviously everyday so the owner sees me and my pistol daily and I'm SURE he understands I will not think twice to put down the dog. I can't take the risk; if it's friendly, great- leash it. If it gets out I will shoot it if it approaches me. I know you all agree. A large barking pit is NOT a gamble that any human being should take. They will latch onto your neck or arm and literally not let go even when shot and beat.

Rants, Raves, Comments?

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

knob2040 wrote:

tekshogun wrote:
knob2040 wrote:
TO clarify... The dog is friendly around people but will attack vehicles and forklifts..
Friendly around people until someone tries to stop it from tearing their property apart.

Thats the same with any dog that is possessive, only this dog has stronger jaws.

If I were not behind the protection of a building or inside of a vehicle, if this dog so much as growled at me because I wanted to protect my property, I would certainly consider blowing it's little body into oblivion.

I am a pet lover, but I will be completely honest, I will confront a creature but if it crosses the line, I'll push it back. I am one of these people that puts human life and limb over that of the well being of a dog or any other creature.

I don't run from dogs. I learned unfotunately at a very young age, I will lose...

knob2040

imported post

tekshogun wrote:
knob2040 wrote:

tekshogun wrote:
knob2040 wrote:

Thats the same with any dog that is possessive, only this dog has stronger jaws.

If I were not behind the protection of a building or inside of a vehicle, if this dog so much as growled at me because I wanted  to protect my property, I would certainly consider blowing it's little body into oblivion.

I am a pet lover, but I will be completely honest, I will confront a creature but if it crosses the line, I'll push it back.  I am one of these people that puts human life and limb over that of the well being of a dog or any other creature.

I don't run from dogs.  I learned unfotunately at a very young age, I will lose...

Ditto.. Gotta be meaner than the dog.

DEFENSOR

imported post

Almost had to kill a dog with my pistol. Too bad it was in my range bag at the time. Some years ago coming home from the desert I got out of the car only to be welcomed by a rampaging Pit Bull. M1911A1 loaded in the bag but no time to pull it out and chamber a round. It was lucky for me that he backed off as I swung the bag furiously at his head. Though he lunged every chance he got Ibacked himacross the street to his own yard and there he stayed. This same dog attacked wife and 10 year old son, all the neighbors and still animal control did not arrest him and take him to dog jail. The moral of the story is people must leash their dogs. If I could have pulled the gun I more than likely would have shot the dog. I don't think that would have been the best solution.

Sincerely Defensor

cscitney87

imported post

I would venture to say that everybody's local laws allow for the complete and total destruction of a dog if a human so much as feels threatened by it's unleashed presence. I know my local laws will not allow for the prosecution criminally or civilly when acting in self defense against a pet as well as an owner. Remember folks; that's the big deal here. You put the owner down and the pet is probably some guy's best friend; he'll want to raise Hell. If I had to act in self defense against a pet; I would actually seclude myself, in my car, or in my place; and call 911 right away. I wouldn't stick around long enough for the owner to come flailing out with a baseball bat, a pistol, a knife, or whatever.

knob2040

imported post

My concerns are for later on down the road, is if the owner can't seem to get the dog to knock it off, the dog is going to eventually hurt someone... Such as a kid running away from the dog, as the kid doesn't know any better. Just like a mountain lion, you run, you done.

simmonsjoe

imported post

cscitney87 wrote:
tekshogun wrote:
knob2040 wrote:
To somehow tie this into Open Carry; I will include my opinion that ferocious dogs are deadly. That being said, when one is approached by an unleashed dog, of this type, you should have no choice but to open fire. The ferocious pit will not wait to argue with you; it will eat your neck off real quick. I am a pet owner, including two canines; including a boxer. Every single one of my neighbors knows my dogs and sometimes, for that reason, they are off the leash. If they approach a stranger; I would honestly really honestly understand if the stranger shot my unleashed boxer. It just plain doesn't look friendly, even when it's smiling.

I have a pitbul neighbor nearby and it's a nuisance. The police and animal control have helped us out, though. I open carry obviously everyday so the owner sees me and my pistol daily and I'm SURE he understands I will not think twice to put down the dog. I can't take the risk; if it's friendly, great- leash it. If it gets out I will shoot it if it approaches me. I know you all agree. A large barking pit is NOT a gamble that any human being should take. They will latch onto your neck or arm and literally not let go even when shot and beat.

Rants, Raves, Comments?
Boxers don't look scary. Plus their too stupid to be mean. (no offense, their lovable dogs, but they are stupid.)

LOL that video is hilarious!

I agree if a pitbull even looked at me funny I'd leadfuck its skull. Certain breeds you just don't take risks with. Even if the owner is there holding a leash. If it decides to de-throat you they can't stop it.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

eye95 wrote:
Aw. Cute little puppy playing with a chew toy. :lol:
I think you called it right. At some points in the video his tail is wagging. And, when another cop tweets his siren, the dog looks around attentively. Definitely not the behavior of an enraged animal viciously attacking.