Thread: The Glock 36 just wasn't working out...

Post imported post

So I sold it and replaced it with something that is :celebrate

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

Curtis wrote:

Very nice...and it's steel
    Now you'll be ready for the new breed of terrorist. http://news.oldva.org/?p=14748

Post imported post

It looks good so what is it? I can't read the model from the picture.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

looks like ruger sp101
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    looks like ruger sp101
    Hmmmm...Curtis needs to tell us. I thought it was an Alaskan but they don't make that in hammerless.

Post imported post

Sorry for not putting it in the original post.

It's the SP-101, chambered in .357 Magnum. The Glock 36 was my option for CC and was very uncomfortable for me. This isn't, and I love Ruger revolvers. I took off the Ruger grips and put on the Hogues; they seem to be a little thinner, although longer.

I would like to get an Alaskan eventually, in .454 Casull maybe.:what:

Post imported post

Oh man, I've been wanting one of those, the 3" version with a hammer. Yours looks amazing, how's the DA pull?

Post imported post

They sure are purdy!

I have the model with the hammer and it shoots great!

Post imported post

Curtis wrote:

Got one of these (hammer version), carried it routinely, not too heavy, comfortable, andlike it a lot. (I put aHogue grip on mine, too.) Butnow I carry aM&P40c with a round chambered, a little lighter, 2x the rounds, easy reload.
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

Member VCDL, NRA

Post imported post

foxcall wrote:
    Oh man, I've been wanting one of those, the 3" version with a hammer. Yours looks amazing, how's the DA pull?
    It could use some improvement but I'm sure after some play time with it it will improve. Out of the box, it's not as good as my Redhawk's DA pull. I had a 3 inch version SP-101 like you describe, with around 400 rounds through it, and it's trigger was better.

If y'all think it looks good just as it is, you should check out what Gemini Customs does with them. It's very tempting to send it off.

http://www.geminicustoms.com/RugerServices.htm

2a4all wrote:
    Curtis wrote:
    Got one of these (hammer version), carried it routinely, not too heavy, comfortable, andlike it a lot. (I put aHogue grip on mine, too.) Butnow I carry aM&P40c with a round chambered, a little lighter, 2x the rounds, easy reload.
    I liked the Glock 36, but it wasn't comfortable when concealing and I only really ever conceal out of an absolute necessity to do so. I thought I could live with it, but after a while it got old and I have a Glock 30 so I justified it's sale.

I can't even tell the SP-101 is there, and I just plain like revolvers better, not only for aesthetics but on average I shoot a little better with them as well. That's not to say you won't see me OCing the Glock 30 or a 1911 though.

Reloads get easy after plenty of practice.

Post imported post

Curtis wrote:
    2a4all wrote:
    Curtis wrote:
    I liked the Glock 36, but it wasn't comfortable when concealing and I only really ever conceal out of an absolute necessity to do so. I thought I could live with it, but after a while it got old and I have a Glock 30 so I justified it's sale.

I can't even tell the SP-101 is there, and I just plain like revolvers better, not only for aesthetics but on average I shoot a little better with them as well. That's not to say you won't see me OCing the Glock 30 or a 1911 though.

Reloads get easy after plenty of practice.
    As for the reloads, I should have mentioned that I'm left-handed
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

Member VCDL, NRA