• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UOC while driving

1245A Defender

imported post

Poblacht32 wrote:
1245A Defender wrote:
watch out for the GFSZ, otherwise yes
Is the GFSZ in effect 24/7 or just during school hours???
24/7/52 all the time

buy a lock box,, put in your "unloaded gun" and your loaded mags close it and lock it
you are now safe from the GFSZ restriction
or you could just lock your "unloded gun" and loaded mags in the trunk, thats just as legal
but a lock box is better cause your gun is near you, easier to get at in case of emergancy

Poblacht32

imported post

1245A Defender wrote:
Poblacht32 wrote:
1245A Defender wrote:
24/7/52 all the time

buy a lock box,, put in your "unloaded gun" and your loaded mags close it and lock it
you are now safe from the GFSZ restriction
or you could just lock your "unloded gun" and loaded mags in the trunk, thats just as legal
but a lock box is better cause your gun is near you, easier to get at in case of emergancy
So do loaded mags always have to be locked up next to the gun? Just wondering if it's illegal to have loaded mags out in the open in your vehicle.Thanks for the info above though!

PincheOgro1

imported post

Poblacht32 wrote:
1245A Defender wrote:
That was my question in another thread. PC626.9 gives no time frame. So one would assume that, yes it's 24/7. I'd hate to be the one that tested the theory. If you want to see the discussion look for PC626 and PC626.9, the definitions there in. It is now on the second page of threads. Hope it helps.

Poblacht32

imported post

PincheOgro1 wrote:
Poblacht32 wrote:
1245A Defender wrote:
That was my question in another thread. PC626.9 gives no time frame. So one would assume that, yes it's 24/7. I'd hate to be the one that tested the theory. If you want to see the discussion look for PC626 and PC626.9, the definitions there in. It is now on the second page of threads. Hope it helps.
Thanks!

Decoligny

imported post

PincheOgro1 wrote:
Poblacht32 wrote:
1245A Defender wrote:

PC 626 has nothing to do with the PC 626.9 and Gun Free School Zone. They are two seperateand distinct sections.

PC 626 deals with definitions, one of which is "Safe School Zone". The only other place that "Safe School Zone" is mentioned in the entire Penal Code is in PC 1170.86 which deals with sentence enhancement for felony crimes commited in the "Safe School Zone"

PincheOgro1

imported post

Decoligny wrote:
PincheOgro1 wrote:
Poblacht32 wrote:
1245A Defender wrote:

PC 626 has nothing to do with the PC 626.9 and Gun Free School Zone. They are two seperateand distinct sections.

PC 626 deals with definitions, one of which is "Safe School Zone". The only other place that "Safe School Zone" is mentioned in the entire Penal Code is in PC 1170.86 which deals with sentence enhancement for felony crimes commited in the "Safe School Zone"
Thank you for RE-ITERATING that here. I thought it had been covered extremely well in the thread I did a MONTH or MORE ago.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

PincheOgro1 wrote:
Thank you for RE-ITERATING that here. I thought it had been covered extremely well in the thread I did a MONTH or MORE ago.
+1

Thank you for reiterating that... especially since the topic was brought up here without a link to the other thread so those viewing this thread are now fully informed like they would be if the person originally referencing the other thread had linked to it.

The newbs are safer when we reiterate info important to their liberty.