• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kind of OT, but an interesting thought.

killchain

imported post

A friend of mine brought this up to me this morning. I thought this was good brainfood.

"Interesting question. This [health care] bill "created a right" to health insurance. Therefore they are going to mandate that everyone purchase health insurance or pay a fine. If the Supreme Court rules that the Federal Government can compel a citizen to make a purchase to exercise this "right" then why can't the government compel a citizen to exercise other rights? The 2nd Amendment is a right, why can't the government compel every citizen to purchase a gun or pay a fine?"

I see good old Brady being forced to buy a 1911 and it makes me laugh.

amzbrady

imported post

Now that would be a sight, A brady campaigner standing outside starbucks with a gun on their hip and a sign saying ban guns. That would be an oxy-moron wouldnt it? Course by the picture I saw She already is an Ox-moron.