• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The NEW West Utah lake clean up!

mqondo

imported post

Thanks to cdrhoad from UCC, we are going to be getting out to do the clean up of the shooting area just west of Utah Lake. The other one was cancelled a little while back due to weather, and there has still been a lot of interest to get it done. The original post in the UCC thread says the 24th, but it has been changed to the 17th. Here is the thread link. Hope to see a lot of you there to help clean up. Thanks everyone.
We will be meeting at 10am out at the shooting area on April 17th.
http://www.utahconcealedcarry.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=8054&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Pistol Pete Utah

imported post

What time are you planning on starting? Do you plan to shoot first then clean up, or is it only a clean up event? I can not go out there with out shooting!

mqondo

imported post

There hasn't been a time set yet. Most likely morning or a little before noon. Once it's pinned down I'll post it here. All the info will also be at the link in the first post. I'll most likely be shooting when I go out there. Shooting before or after the event will depend on what time it starts. For me anyway.

mqondo

imported post

There will be a dumpster brought out to the site so that we don't have to have people take garbage home, or go to the dump. cdrhoad was able to get a sponsor so it will be all paid for. So if you are able to make it, please join us on the 17th of April to get some junk taken out of the shooting area.

mqondo

imported post

Looks like as of now, the clean up will start at 10am. I will put this in the OP so it will be easy to find.

mqondo

imported post

Just a reminder that the clean up is still on for April 17th at 10am. If you don't know where it is, click on the link in the first post. Near the bottom of the first page I posted two map links. One shows what the site looks like from the road.

mqondo

imported post

Just a friendly reminder that the clean up even is THIS SATURDAY. I hope many of you can make it or pass the word along to others that can. Again, we will be meeting at 10am on April 17th out at the Utah Lake shooting area, just west of the lake. Here is a link of what the area looks like, and the location.

Utah Lake shooting area location

The area is 11.3 miles South of this intersection:

Intersection

mqondo

imported post

This was posted over on UCC. I thought I would pass it along.

Remember to bring any or all of the following (plus anything else you might need):

Gloves,
Rakes,
Shovels,
Garbage bags,
Sturdy buckets/Garbage cans,
Wheelbarrows,
Sunscreen,
Water,
Water,
Water,
Hats,
Food,
Snacks,
and the most important items...
Guns and Ammo for when we are done!

Hope to see many of you there!

mqondo

imported post

We had a pretty good turnout at the clean up today. Thanks to everyone that showed up and helped out. We had many with trucks that hauled a lot of the big stuff out to the dumpter. We also had a good amount of 4-wheelers going into the gullys to get out the junk where trucks couldn't go. Also many people roaming with trash bags to pick up the smaller stuff. Thanks again everyone!

rock.gif

Pistol Pete Utah

imported post

I missed out on a good event it appears. I had a Soccer game I had to coach, and put a swingset together day 2 and still not done! Next time I shooting there I promise to carry out more then I brought in.

Well done to all those that cleaned up after other people's mess. Thank you for your service it is good to have people like all of you in my adopted State, which is my home State now. :lol: