• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Marlin to close; Seattle files appeal in parks gun ban case

Dave Workman

imported post

[font="georgia,times new
roman,times,serif"]Another entry for the digitally-challenged[/font]

[font="georgia,times new
roman,times,serif"][/font]

[font="georgia,times new
roman,times,serif"]Marlin Firearms to close; Seattle files notice of appeal in parks ban case[/font]

[size=[size=2] "Even while gun sales were booming last year, Marlin apparently did not enjoy the surge because its primary focus is lever-action big game rifles (it only makes one bolt-action big game hunting rifle) and .22-caliber bolt-action and semiautomatic rimfires. The spending spree was largely dominated by sales of AR-15 type rifles, home-defense shotguns and semiautomatic handguns."[/size]][/size]

http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seattle-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2010m3d26-Marlin-Firearms-closure-announcement-hits-hard

Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/ybtxcas

Dave Workman

imported post

Yeah, it's a real heart-breaker, IMHO.

However, with any luck, maybe in the future Marlin's operations will simply pop up in a more business-friendly state.

They make some superb rifles, and both of my Marlin bolt-action 06's are real shooters.

I can't remember ever shooting a Marlin .22 that didn't sizzle.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Joni Balter / Seattle Times editorial columnist

Mike McGinn: Seattle's stumbling 'un-mayor' needs to find firmer footing
A quick look at Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn's first quarter in office. The verdict: not good. The mayor needs to take stock and hit the reset button on his administration.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/opinion/2011431183_joni25.html
Of course.... he is the 'stumbling un-mayor', he might as well make a few more mistakes!

deanf

imported post

Pleased that they are appealing.

They need to loose again at the appellate level for the decision to be taken seriously outside King County. And inside King County; the Port has yet to take action on their identical illegal gun ban.

We might loose, but it's certainly a risk worth taking. Settle this once and for all.

Machoduck

imported post

Dean, your pleasure in their appeal triggered something in me that I want to share. Your post is a reminder of how measured OCDO is in its reactions to various events; in short we have logical thinking regarding the issues. But look at the other side! They are emotional all the way.

It's not just an emotional response, it's a complete denial of logic, and gives me great pleasure on two counts. The first is your point about another win for us helping liberty.
The second point is that I'm just so darn happy that I'm not that mentally deficient. Not that emotions aren't a normal facet of life, but there are places where logic is necessary.

MD

Hammer

imported post

Glad I got my 1895 when I did....Tho Marlin's line-up may not have appealed to the crowd binging the past year, they have some very nice models that fill hunting and sporting needs.
It would be a shame if they did not reopen somewhere more friendly. WA is NOT a business friendly state. ID is....

Dave Workman

imported post

UPDATE!!!! According to a late Friday post by Dave Petzal, the news is not so gloomy as everyone believed! It appears Marlin is moving from the North Haven plant to another location. My best guess, based on some preliminary information, is that it will be in a more business- and labor-friendly state, perhaps down in North Carolina where Remington has a facility.
Bottom line: Marlin is going to remain alive and kicking! This is one clarification I’m delighted to add to my column.

It's n my Updated column.

Trigger Dr

imported post

Norman wrote:
Oh no! I may just have to run out and buy another marlin bolt .22
Marlin was bought by Remington nearly a year ago, along with Bushmaster and DPMS.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Dave Workman wrote:
UPDATE!!!! According to a late Friday post by Dave Petzal, the news is not so gloomy as everyone believed! It appears Marlin is moving from the North Haven plant to another location. My best guess, based on some preliminary information, is that it will be in a more business- and labor-friendly state, perhaps down in North Carolina where Remington has a facility.
Bottom line: Marlin is going to remain alive and kicking! This is one clarification I’m delighted to add to my column.

It's n my Updated column.
Thank goodness.

I was by no means done buying Marlins.

Tawnos

imported post

Ajetpilot wrote:
Dave Workman wrote:
[font="georgia,times new roman,times,serif"]Seattle files notice of appeal in parks ban case[/font]

http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seattle-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2010m3d26-Marlin-Firearms-closure-announcement-hits-hard

Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/ybtxcas
Here we go again.

Oh and here we go again
A broken bottle in my hand
And our taxed joints crack and bend
From our backs we rise and stand
Oh and here we go again
Our vision wincing towards the sun
Delerium tremens shake and stand
And we decide this isn't fun
Oh and here we go again