• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pic of OC Posted in Bad Context

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

Thanks for bringing this to light Dan. I do not wish to continue posting MOC business to this forum, but I suppose this is an issue that should be considered by OCDO as well. While we are all of the mindest that the proper order of engagement is soap box, ballot box, and then ammo box (and as last resort I would add), I feel it may be necessary to make a public denouncement of the activities of violence. Does anyone share my view on this?

autosurgeon

imported post

I see your point Jeff... and while I see no problem with publicly denouncing violent acts... the picture shown was not of someone committing a violent act. It was used to sensationalize a weak position.

autosurgeon

imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
So you don't think the sheeple will make an associationbecause of that picture between violence and gun owners in general? That is my concern, but I could be paranoid. (Which by the way does not necessarily mean that they aren't out to get me!)
Unfortunately we cannot control what the Sheeple think and by making a statement about it could help cement a link in their minds...

The best thing I feel is to ignore this type of tomfoolery and only address it if asked. Also by putting our best foot forward while OCing and being a friendly approachable advocate for OC.

G

imported post

i saw no violence in that picture. i do not think that OCing at a very heated political rally was the smoothest move, though. it obviously drew the eye of the photographer. the people who read the article will associate the picture with the teaparty. the editor saw to that fact.

i would keep OCing separate from other politics. just my opinion.

autosurgeon

imported post

ElectricianLU58 wrote:
i saw no violence in that picture. i do not think that OCing at a very heated political rally was the smoothest move, though. it obviously drew the eye of the photographer. the people who read the article will associate the picture with the teaparty. the editor saw to that fact.

i would keep OCing separate from other politics. just my opinion.
How many Tea Party events have you been too? I have been to quite a few more than 5 and I have always OCed ... as that is what I do.. I have also never seen any violence at any of these events.

G

imported post

this is a site about the open carry of guns, which i believe in. are there posting guidelines that keep other politics out of the threads?

PDinDetroit

imported post

Just a reminder...

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum1/1.html

[font="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"]NOTE: This is not a general discussion web site - even the thread for "general discussions" must be fairly related to open carry,firearms and gun rights. Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focussed. If you think the post is questionable, please don't post it. Thanks![/font]
[font="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"]

2) This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life - all posts should relate substantially tothis agenda, even if your comments pertain mainly to freedom andliberty.
OCDO is not a general discussion forum on politics, religion, the current President, etc. Take that somewhere else!
[/font]