• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

what age to oc

ghostrider

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
the airsoft thing was a one time deal,was not carried at ponderosa,only inside the mcdonalds.suggested by another member,its not like its anything that is a regular occurance.

brian,if i find my way on the other side of town this weekend,and your free,can i buy another SAM bumper sticker off ya?

Gee isn't that nice. Posted a full twelve minutes after I recommend stopping this sort of OT comment. Just couldn't resist a parting shot I suppose. If you want to fan the flames, at least have the decency to do it in the new thread, or start your own.

Same goes for everyone else who perpetuated this stuff after Venator made his request.

Beerme

Banned
imported post

ghostrider wrote:
lil_freak_66 wrote:
the airsoft thing was a one time deal,was not carried at ponderosa,only inside the mcdonalds.suggested by another member,its not like its anything that is a regular occurance.

brian,if i find my way on the other side of town this weekend,and your free,can i buy another SAM bumper sticker off ya?

Gee isn't that nice. Posted a full twelve minutes after I recommend stopping this sort of OT comment. Just couldn't resist a parting shot I suppose. If you want to fan the flames, at least have the decency to do it in the new thread, or start your own.

Same goes for everyone else who perpetuated this stuff after Venator made his request.
Curious, where did he post that?

pmcqueen37

imported post

Beerme wrote:
ghostrider wrote:
lil_freak_66 wrote:

Curious, where did he post that?
Posted here
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/40605-9.html

jeremiahJohnson

imported post

wardog6d wrote:
The Legal age to purchase and carry a firearm.
Actually this will vary.
To Purchase: According to state law, a long gun may be purchased by anyone aged 16 or over who is not subject to restrictions based on criminal or mental health history. However there is a federal age limit of 18 years for non-private purchases of long guns from federal firearms licensees.

To Carry: 750.234f Possession of firearm by person less than 18 years of age; exceptions; violation as misdemeanor; penalty.
Sec. 234f.
(1) Except as provided in subsection (2), an individual less than 18 years of age shall not possess a firearm in public except under the direct supervision of an individual 18 years of age or older.

Not defending the lil kiddies, just saying.!

THway

imported post

I think it would also be appropriate to discuss in this thread "facsimile firearms" and how they are looked at by Michigan law.

A facsimile firearm means any device or object made of plastic, wood, metal, or any other material which is a replica, facsimile, or toy version of, or is otherwise recognizable as a pistol, revolver, shotgun, sawed-off shotgun, rifle, machine gun, rocket launcher, or any other firearm. A “replica or facsimile firearm” includes, but is not limited to, toy guns, movie props, hobby models (either in kit form or fully assembled), starter pistols, air guns, inoperative firearms, or any other device which might reasonably be perceived to be a real firearm.

It was understood a long time ago, that facsimile firearms are not covered by preemption, and are governed by what ever city, township, village, or local unit of government chooses to govern them.

RichardCrainium

imported post

THway wrote:
I think it would also be appropriate to discuss in this thread "facsimile firearms" and how they are looked at by Michigan law.

A facsimile firearm means any device or object made of plastic, wood, metal, or any other material which is a replica, facsimile, or toy version of, or is otherwise recognizable as a pistol, revolver, shotgun, sawed-off shotgun, rifle, machine gun, rocket launcher, or any other firearm. A “replica or facsimile firearm” includes, but is not limited to, toy guns, movie props, hobby models (either in kit form or fully assembled), starter pistols, air guns, inoperative firearms, or any other device which might reasonably be perceived to be a real firearm.

It was understood a long time ago, that facsimile firearms are not covered by preemption, and are governed by what ever city, township, village, or local unit of government chooses to govern them.
looks to be dead on

THway

imported post

ok auto... let me ask you this...

Would you as an adult, seek the parental permission of a minors parent before handing said minor a facsimile firearm?

OR

Would you as an adult, just hand a minor a facsimile firearm?

Beerme

Banned
imported post

THway wrote:

Would you as an adult, seek the parental permission of a minors parent before handing said minor a facsimile firearm?

OR

well since im an adult and an avid open carrier, ill go ahead and give the kid a facsimile firearm.
I mean I already let him organize an open carry event at a business on their busiest day during their busiest hour, without any prior open carry experience.
he seems qualified

RichardCrainium

imported post

THway wrote:

OR

In this day and age i would never let a minor touch any sort of firearm without theconcent of parent or guardian

THway

imported post

that is not the point i am trying to make.... the point here is that an adult, gave a child a firearm, without the parental concent of the childs parent. That childs parent could have filed charges against this adult for child endangerment? Am I wrong in this thought process?

jeremiahJohnson

imported post

THway wrote:
that is not the point i am trying to make.... the point here is that an adult, gave a child a firearm, without the parental concent of the childs parent. That childs parent could have filed charges against this adult for child endangerment? Am I wrong in this thought process?
Depends what age is emancipation in Michigan?

steve

imported post

17 post's and you are already trying to start drama? Not a great way to get to know everyone.

Quote failed, I was referring to beerme.

Anyone having a problem with "minors" setting up meets should maybe step up to the plate and arrange some them selves?

At least"said minor" is moving to help the cause out instead of sitting on his (or her) butt.

THway

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
I doubt it as it was not a FIREARM.

Also it was not loaded....

Under Michigan law, airsoft guns are facsimile firearms and are viewed as REAL firearms...

wether or not it was loaded is irrelivent...

The fact still remains that michigan law states that facsimile firearms are to be treated as a real firearm.

If i gave the 15 year old down the street my airsoft gun while he was on my property, and his parents saw this... what do you think would happen? They would call the police, and I would be arrested for child endangerment.

If Venator was arrested for doing this, and charged with child endangerment, would all of this still have been worth it, to educate this child?