• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

what age to oc

Beerme

Banned
imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
I doubt it as it was not a FIREARM.

Also it was not loaded....

Here is another question what if instead we used blue training guns for this type of situation?? How would you feel about that?
It is technically a firearm
and treat every gun like it is ALWAYS LOADED
rule number one

Beerme

Banned
imported post

steve wrote:
17 post's and you are already trying to start drama? Not a great way to get to know everyone.
I'm not trying to start drama

The person who gave him the gun
should have made sure it was ok with his parents.
or done the safe thing and just not give him a gun real or not

jeremiahJohnson

imported post

Beerme wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:

Here is another question what if instead we used blue training guns for this type of situation?? How would you feel about that?
rule number one
What caliber is this said Firearm?

THway

imported post

CrossPistols wrote:
Beerme wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:

rule number one
What caliber is this said Firearm?
i believe 6mm

wardog6d

Banned
imported post

horse.gif

jeremiahJohnson

imported post

b) "Firearm" means a weapon from which a dangerous projectile may be propelled by an explosive, or by gas or air. Firearm does not include a smooth bore rifle or handgun designed and manufactured exclusively for propelling by a spring, or by gas or air, BB's not exceeding .177 caliber.

So yes it is a firearm, and yes I would have gotten permission from the kids Parent or Guardian. As for the Private property if this part is true then it was legal.

THway

imported post

CrossPistols wrote:
b) "Firearm" means a weapon from which a dangerous projectile may be propelled by an explosive, or by gas or air. Firearm does not include a smooth bore rifle or handgun designed and manufactured exclusively for propelling by a spring, or by gas or air, BB's not exceeding .177 caliber.

So yes it is a firearm, and yes I would have gotten permission from the kids Parent or Guardian. As for the Private property if this part is true then it was legal.
As long as the parents or guardian of the child does not press charges for child endangerment...... then it would be legal

Beerme

Banned
imported post

THway wrote:
CrossPistols wrote:

As long as the parents or guardian of the child does not press charges for child endangerment...... then it would be legal
legal or not it does not make it smart

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

CrossPistols wrote:

Not directed at you CPs just using your cite.

Minors can posses firearms under adult supervision. They can not possess a handgun unless they are at a recognized range receiving instruction on shooting it.

An air soft handgun is not considered a handgun or we would have to have a purchase permit to buy one and If I remember right I didn't have to get one when I bought mine.

How do you know we didn't have permission from his mom?

steve

imported post

My airsoft is CO2 powered and all I needed was cash in hand to buy it. Also bought a blank firing replica (orange tip of course) when i was 15 for a home movie, same deal just needed cash in hand.

autosurgeon

imported post

Venator wrote:
CrossPistols wrote:

Not directed at you CPs just using your cite.

Minors can posses firearms under adult supervision. They can not possess a handgun unless they are at a recognized range receiving instruction on shooting it.

An air soft handgun is not considered a handgun or we would have to have a purchase permit to buy one and If I remember right I didn't have to get one when I bought mine.

Ah yes assumption the root of much stupidity :lol:

Beerme

Banned
imported post

steve wrote:
My airsoft is CO2 powered and all I needed was cash in hand to buy it. Also bought a blank firing replica (orange tip of course) when i was 15 for a home movie, same deal just needed cash in hand.
then you purchased them illegally

THway

imported post

Venator wrote:
CrossPistols wrote: Not directed at you CPs just using your cite.

No one said that minors cannot posses firearms under adult supervision.

The way I read the law under MCL 28.421 sec. (e) a “Pistol” means a loaded or unloaded firearm that is 30 inches or less in length, or a loaded or unloaded firearm that by its construction and appearance conceals it as a firearm.

Also under MCL 28.421 sec. (b) a "Firearm" means a weapon from which a dangerous projectile may be propelled by an explosive, or by gas or air. Firearm does not include a smooth bore rifle or handgun designed and manufactured exclusively for propelling by a spring, or by gas or air, BB's not exceeding .177 caliber.

So... even though you or anyone else are not required to get a purchase permit for an airsoft pistol, by law it is a firearm.

As far as this goes... this was discussed in the ponderosa thread as well as in teamspeak by members of OCDO and MOC who were in attendance when the carrying took place and no one has come forward with weither or not anyone asked permission....

autosurgeon

imported post

Beerme wrote:
steve wrote:
How? they are NOT a gun and only regulated by local ordinance if at all.

steve

imported post

Beerme wrote:
steve wrote:
Pretty sure you are wrong, just to check I emailed my lawyer, msp and the AG just for shixts and grins. Will relay here when they contact me back.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

THway wrote:
Venator wrote:
CrossPistols wrote: Not directed at you CPs just using your cite.

No one said that minors cannot posses firearms under adult supervision.

The way I read the law under MCL 28.421 sec. (e) a “Pistol” means a loaded or unloaded firearm that is 30 inches or less in length, or a loaded or unloaded firearm that by its construction and appearance conceals it as a firearm.

Also under MCL 28.421 sec. (b) a "Firearm" means a weapon from which a dangerous projectile may be propelled by an explosive, or by gas or air. Firearm does not include a smooth bore rifle or handgun designed and manufactured exclusively for propelling by a spring, or by gas or air, BB's not exceeding .177 caliber.

So... even though you or anyone else are not required to get a purchase permit for an airsoft pistol, by law it is a firearm.

As far as this goes... this was discussed in the ponderosa thread as well as in teamspeak by members of OCDO and MOC who were in attendance when the carrying took place and no one has come forward with weither or not anyone asked permission....
So he could posses it because it wasn't a handgun. The only point is was he under adult supervision. I say he was. BTW his mom is very cute.

wally1120

imported post

So he could posses it because it wasn't a handgun. The only point is was he under adult supervision. I say he was. BTW his mom is very cute.
PICTURE
PICTURE
PICTURE
PICTURE
PICTURE
PICTURE
PICTURE
PICTURE
PICTURE
PICTURE