• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

help me find out what gun i have?

chargerlover

imported post

i just got my gun an its a beretta 9000s 40 cal well i guess theirs two kinds witch are

Double Action Only(Type D) or DA/SA(Type F)? how do i find out what i have whats double action and on mine the safty will uncock the hammer without fireing the gun but thats all it seems like the other 9000s models you can leave the safty in the up position an it will not fire mine dont stay up.

wally1120

imported post

Please get RID of the Gun, I will take it free of charge. I just need an address of where to pick it up, And I won`t charge you anything to dispose of it.

wally1120

imported post

Im sorry, I couldn`t help myself. A DA is a Long/Hard Trigger pull, A SA is a Nice Short Clean breaking pull.

Take a Glock/1911 and compare them. Glock is a DA, 1911 is a SA

A SA only provides one Action. You pull the Trigger, And that in turn releases the Hammer/Striker what ever have you.

A DA uses two actions. One is to pull the Hammer/ Striker back then releases the Hammer/Striker, Again what ever have you.

chargerlover

imported post

thanks. i was manly concerned with the safty thing bit i have the da/sa an it dosnt have a safty just a de-cock

chargerlover

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
The fact that it has a Decocker tells me it is a SA/DA as it must have a single action mode to decock from.
yeah i just read that on a diff site that made it easy lol. when i say safty i mean one that makes a trigger pull still not fire this gun will always fire with a trigger pull.

wally1120

imported post

HAVE THE GUN UNLOADED IF YOU ARE GOING TO DO THIS, THE SAFETY MAY FAIL AND SEND A ROUND OFF.

If your Gun has a Red Dot on the Frame above the Safety, That is indeed a Safety. Push the Safety Up covering the Red Dot, And pull the Trigger. The Hammer/Striker will NOT fall.

BUT HAVE THE GUN UNLOADED IF YOU ARE GOING TO DO THIS, THE SAFETY MAY FAIL AND SEND A ROUND OFF.

chargerlover

imported post

if i hold it their it will have a free trigger pull but shouldnt it stay up their it feels like its spring loaded to come back down.

Beerme

Banned
imported post

IMHO you should be no where near that firearm

Single action- hammer has to be cocked for the weapon to fire
Double action/Single action - if the firearm has a hammer it can fire while being cocked or it can be fired with the hammer uncocked by pulling the trigger

as for the safety/decocker
i simply cannot pull any information out of your last post to be able to understand it.

be careful

wally1120

imported post

I don`t understand what you are saying, The safety should be covering the Red mark on the Frame of the Pistol. If the Red Mark is covered by the Safety on the side, Then your Safety is engaged, And it SHOULDN'T`t Fire when the Trigger is pulled. If the Gun dosen`t cover the Red mark on the Frame, Then there is something wrong with the Gun, And I HIGHLY SUGGEST you take it to a Gun Smith.

JUST REMEMBER, HAVE THE GUN UNLOADED WHEN PLAYING WITH IT OUTSIDE OF THE RANGE.

chargerlover

imported post

Beerme wrote:

Double action/Single action - if the firearm has a hammer it can fire while being cocked or it can be fired with the hammer uncocked by pulling the trigger

i simply cannot pull any information out of your last post to be able to understand it.

be careful
i havent loaded the weapon since i purchased it. im goin to a indoor range tomorrow an taking a short one on one class with a instructor. people have to learn sooner or later idk why it seems like people on here act like this stuff is common knowledge to everyone.sorry i purchased a gun b4 knowing everything their is to know i plan on doing so as i progress in the sport. i had no intrest in owning or shooting a gun till this past month when i had a gentelmen counting down from 10 with a tech 9 pointed at my head robbing me..again sorry for my ignorence if it upsets some people

autosurgeon

imported post

chargerlover wrote:
Beerme wrote:

be careful
i havent loaded the weapon since i purchased it. im goin to a indoor range tomorrow an taking a short one on one class with a instructor. people have to learn sooner or later idk why it seems like people on here act like this stuff is common knowledge to everyone.sorry i purchased a gun b4 knowing everything their is to know i plan on doing so as i progress in the sport. i had no intrest in owning or shooting a gun till this past month when i had a gentelmen counting down from 10 with a tech 9 pointed at my head robbing me..again sorry for my ignorence if it upsets some people
Hey we just don't want to read about you blowing yer toe off or worse thats all! :what::lol:

wally1120

imported post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq9mMsWo0bY

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta_9000

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta?s_Island

http://www.centerfirecentral.com/articles/blowup.htm I am sorry to send you this one, But be aware.

I will not be able to help you any more on this Gun, I don`t know much about them. I have helped you as much as I can but, I recommend you Read/Watch listen to these Videos/Articles.

Also, You should come to Team Speak, It is a much Easy/Faster connection.