• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

help me find out what gun i have?

chargerlover

imported post

wally1120 wrote:
I don`t understand what you are saying, The safety should be covering the Red mark on the Frame of the Pistol. If the Red Mark is covered by the Safety on the side, Then your Safety is engaged, And it SHOULDN'T`t Fire when the Trigger is pulled. If the Gun dosen`t cover the Red mark on the Frame, Then there is something wrong with the Gun, And I HIGHLY SUGGEST you take it to a Gun Smith.

JUST REMEMBER, HAVE THE GUN UNLOADED WHEN PLAYING WITH IT OUTSIDE OF THE RANGE.
i can take the decocker an push it up covering the red dot if i pull the trigger while holding it up the trigger will not engage anything so it will not fire but the safty lever im pushing up will not stay their unless i hold it if i let go it goes back down an uncovers the red dot an it feels as if it were spring operated so it cant stay up.

autosurgeon

imported post

chargerlover wrote:
wally1120 wrote:
I don`t understand what you are saying, The safety should be covering the Red mark on the Frame of the Pistol. If the Red Mark is covered by the Safety on the side, Then your Safety is engaged, And it SHOULDN'T`t Fire when the Trigger is pulled. If the Gun dosen`t cover the Red mark on the Frame, Then there is something wrong with the Gun, And I HIGHLY SUGGEST you take it to a Gun Smith.

JUST REMEMBER, HAVE THE GUN UNLOADED WHEN PLAYING WITH IT OUTSIDE OF THE RANGE.
i can take the decocker an push it up covering the red dot if i pull the trigger while holding it up the trigger will not engage anything so it will not fire but the safty lever im pushing up will not stay their unless i hold it if i let go it goes back down an uncovers the red dot an it feels as if it were spring operated so it cant stay up.
If this is the case have the range master check it out at the range... also they might have a smith on staff.

wally1120

imported post

Why didn`t you research the Gun before you bought it? I have researched EVERY Gun that I have Bought/Traded, And I have waited atleast 6 months before buying what ever Gun I Have/Had. You SHOULD ALWAYS look into a Gun before purchasing it.

Beerme

Banned
imported post

chargerlover wrote:
Beerme wrote:
IMHO you should be no where near that firearm

Single action- hammer has to be cocked for the weapon to fire
Double action/Single action - if the firearm has a hammer it can fire while being cocked or it can be fired with the hammer uncocked by pulling the trigger

as for the safety/decocker
i simply cannot pull any information out of your last post to be able to understand it.

be careful
i havent loaded the weapon since i purchased it. im goin to a indoor range tomorrow an taking a short one on one class with a instructor. people have to learn sooner or later idk why it seems like people on here act like this stuff is common knowledge to everyone.sorry i purchased a gun b4 knowing everything their is to know i plan on doing so as i progress in the sport. i had no intrest in owning or shooting a gun till this past month when i had a gentelmen counting down from 10 with a tech 9 pointed at my head robbing me..again sorry for my ignorence if it upsets some people

would you purchase a car without knowing everything you can find out about it?
would you propose to a woman without knowing her?
then why on earth would you purchase a gun without researching it?
you could have easily had the person that sold it to you show you how to use it.
or this is just a crazy thought

READ THE OWNERS MANUAL.
they typically explain whats what on a gun

chargerlover

imported post

alrighty will do.. the gun store is across from my house anyway lol. thanks for all the help guys..most apreciated

Beerme

Banned
imported post

chargerlover wrote:
alrighty will do.. the gun store is across from my house anyway lol. thanks for all the help guys..most apreciated

Call and see what their return policy is
just for your own safety
and remember
EVERY GUN IS ALWAYS LOADED

chargerlover

imported post

yes it was purchased legaly an he did show me how to use it but i was wondering if the safty was damaged an they were not aware as they thought maybe it was only a decocker it was purchased from a well known store williams gun sight

www.williamsgunsight.com

chargerlover

imported post

as for the research thing im not into guns for shooting for fun just to protect me so if its comfortable in my hand a well known brand thats relaible an is a good sized carry weapon thats all i was concerned with

Beerme

Banned
imported post

chargerlover wrote:
as for the research thing im not into guns for shooting for fun just to protect me so if its comfortable in my hand a well known brand thats relaible an is a good sized carry weapon thats all i was concerned with

So
You bought a gun that you are willing to use to preserve your own life if need be.
WHY WOULD YOU NOT RESEARCH IT?!?!?!?!

YOU ARE GOING TO USE IT AS A WEAPON FOR DEFENSE AND YOU ARE PREPARED TO GO BUY IT WITHOUT FIGURING A THING OUT ABOUT IT???

wardog6d

Banned
imported post

gun.jpg

wally1120

imported post

If you aren`t going to practice the Gun that you are going to carry to protect your life, That is a VERY BAD THING. And I wouldn`t recommend using that in a SD situatiion, You might end up shooting a Bystander if you aren`t familer shooting the Gun.

I would highly suggest getting one of these, And you will be able to practice ammo for this is VERY CHEAP.

http://www.marshmallowshooter.com/

chargerlover

imported post

christ people i did do some reaserch but missed the offering of two differnt models of the 9000s and i coudnt find anything about the damn safty thing besides its a decock. i talked to the smith for hours about carry guns what to look for what to avoid an he showed me the best choices he had. after i pickes the gun i put it on hold for a week an talked to some people who had it an did some reading about it.

Beerme

Banned
imported post

chargerlover wrote:
christ people i did do some reaserch but missed the offering of two differnt models of the 9000s and i coudnt find anything about the damn safty thing besides its a decock. i talked to the smith for hours about carry guns what to look for what to avoid an he showed me the best choices he had. after i pickes the gun i put it on hold for a week an talked to some people who had it an did some reading about it.
someone in our TS found out how to use your safety/decocker within 30 seconds on google
im not gonna tell you how to do it because i truly believe you really need to get rid of it

chargerlover

imported post

loving how a simple question from one adult to another turns into a bash session.shows the maturity of some.

Beerme

Banned
imported post

chargerlover wrote:
loving how a simple question from one adult to another turns into a bash session.shows the maturity of some.
it's not a bash session at all.

If you own a gun you need to understand how to use it
ESPECIALLY HOW TO USE THE SAFETY

wally1120

imported post

I am not trying to Bash you, But you should know a little more about the Gun that you OWN.

I suggest getting something a little more SIMPLE Glock, XD you can`t go wrong with either one of them, And would be better then the Beretta that you have.