• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Future of open and conceal carry

Should we apply for CCP's or not???

• yes we should-

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no we should not, its non of their business-

• no, we don't have to have one to OC-

• don't know-

• Total voters

wendell chenault

imported post

I've got a question for all of you who open and conceal carry. I open carry some and I have my CC permit. I am wondering if I did the right thing by getting my CCP. With Obama and crew in power, you know it is a matter of time till they really get after us gun owners, so, do I let my permit lapse or get another one? They already have my finger prints and photo, etc. I mean if we can open carry without a permit why have a CCP? A couple of my friends did not go through with the CCP because the government would have easier access of our records like fingerprints. What are your thoughts out there?

turbodog

imported post

wendell chenault wrote:
I've got a question for all of you who open and conceal carry. I open carry some and I have my CC permit. I am wondering if I did the right thing by getting my CCP. With Obama and crew in power, you know it is a matter of time till they really get after us gun owners, so, do I let my permit lapse or get another one? They already have my finger prints and photo, etc. I mean if we can open carry without a permit why have a CCP? A couple of my friends did not go through with the CCP because the government would have easier access of our records like fingerprints. What are your thoughts out there?
Having fingerprints on file may make it easier, but most regular, law abiding folks are already in so many databases, I don't think it's all that hard to track someone down if they really wanted to. Criminals may be harder to find as they make a point of being hard to find, but average citizens? We're listed all over the place.

Get the CC permit, it gives you options.

wendell chenault

imported post

What kind of options??? I've heard that IF you had to use your gun, you would not go through as much red tape as if you didn't. Example I heard on the radio that there was a armed man who tried to carjack someone at gunpoint in New Orleans and the driver had a gun and shot the would be crook. He did have his permit and was not charged.....self defense. Is that what you mean?? This happened a couple of days ago.

charlie12

imported post

wendell chenault wrote:
What kind of options??? I've heard that IF you had to use your gun, you would not go through as much red tape as if you didn't. Example I heard on the radio that there was a armed man who tried to carjack someone at gunpoint in New Orleans and the driver had a gun and shot the would be crook. He did have his permit and was not charged.....self defense. Is that what you mean?? This happened a couple of days ago.

What would a CHP have to do with a carjacking if you were in the car? Nothing. What's the rest of the story.

If someone carjacksyou whileare in your car and you shoot them it doesn't make any difference if you have a CHP or not. If it was a legal shoot, it was a legal shoot.

wendell chenault

imported post

Charlie12 What about this one. A man was stealing a car from a garage. Home owner, who does not have a CWP, heard him, gets his gun and confronts the crook. Crook then uses the car to run down the owner while backing out of the garage. Owner shoots the crook killing him. Owner now faces charges for shooting him. Is that right??? NO! Good for the owner I say...one less crook in the world. You reap what you sow.

Anyway, back to my main topic on this. Do you think the government has too much control on us by saying we must have CWP's. I am beginning to think the less they know about my guns the better. And NO I will not ever register my guns, even the ones I have had since I was a kid that my Dad got me.

charlie12

imported post

wendell chenault wrote:
Charlie12 What about this one. A man was stealing a car from a garage. Home owner, who does not have a CWP, heard him, gets his gun and confronts the crook. Crook then uses the car to run down the owner while backing out of the garage. Owner shoots the crook killing him. Owner now faces charges for shooting him. Is that right??? NO! Good for the owner I say...one less crook in the world. You reap what you sow.

Anyway, back to my main topic on this. Do you think the government has too much control on us by saying we must have CWP's. I am beginning to think the less they know about my guns the better. And NO I will not ever register my guns, even the ones I have had since I was a kid that my Dad got me.

Having a CHP wouldn't have anything to do with a home owner getting his gun and going out to confront the guy stealing his car.

As for the homeowner shooting the guy trying to run over him, It would depend on what he could make the court believe and probably where it happened. Some places they would probably make you a hero and other places theywould hang you.

But the guy wouldn't steal anymore cars. :lol:

Gunslinger

imported post

wendell chenault wrote:
Hussein and his democrap boot lickers aren't going anywhere near our 2A rights. They have to answer for the oboobacare crap as it is, and outside of the lunatics like boxer, schumer, Hanoijohn kerryand that NJ asshole, the Senate has showed almost 60 votes as pro-2A this year. And Scott Brown is an A rated NRA senator replacing Senator Chivas who was an F. The House is running even more scared. Once the McDonald ruling is in, they'll stay even farther away.