• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is a Airsoft Gun a Gun?

Is a Airsoft Gun a Gun?

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

wally1120

imported post

Lil_Freak_66, DON`T get me started! You have broken the LAW how many times? And if someone is going to buy an Air Soft Gun then you have to be 18 to purchase one, You don`t need a PP but non the less ANYONE NEEDS to be 18 to purchase a Air Soft Gun.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

wally1120 wrote:
Why do you have to be 18 to buy an Air soft Gun then? MUST be considered a Gun, If there is a Law that you have to be 18 to purchase one.
Aaah no, I think this argument is dead. An air soft gun is not considered a firearm in Michigan. There is a federal law that states you have to be 18 to buy it, no state law addresses it in Michigan. I think we all know what the feds can do with their laws.

wally1120

imported post

I am sure you still have to be 18 to carry a Air soft, And I KNOW FOR A FACT that LF has broken the laws before. I just feel he is only bringing trouble to the forum, And is going to hurt what everyone has worked to get where we are on OC.

wally1120

imported post

Big Gay Al wrote:
wally1120 wrote:
Why do you have to be 18 to buy an Air soft Gun then? MUST be considered a Gun, If there is a Law that you have to be 18 to purchase one.
Nope, they're cigarettes. ;)
WTF does this mean? I know you have to be 18 to buy Cigarettes, And I am pretty sure you have to be 18 to buy ANY KINDA GUN

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

wally1120 wrote:
I am sure you still have to be 18 to carry a Air soft, And I KNOW FOR A FACT that LF has broken the laws before. I just feel he is only bringing trouble to the forum, And is going to hurt what everyone has worked to get where we are on OC.
Federal law says you have to be 18 to BUY an airsoft gun. There is no age restriction to possess one. In other words, I can buy an airsoft and give it to my 12 year old son. Neither one of us have broken any laws by doing this.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

wally1120 wrote:
Big Gay Al wrote:
wally1120 wrote:
WTF does this mean? I know you have to be 18 to buy Cigarettes, And I am pretty sure you have to be 18 to buy ANY KINDA GUN
No, my 10 year old can buy a cap gun.

wally1120

imported post

You have either planted ALOT of unfortunate seeds, Or you don`t remember how old your kids are You say 10, 12. But I know it is AGAINST THE LAWS to carry a replica Gun, And a Air soft is just in deed a Replica.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

wally1120 wrote:
You have either planted ALOT of unfortunate seeds, Or you don`t remember how old your kids are You say 10, 12. But I know it is AGAINST THE LAWS to carry a replica Gun, And a Air soft is just in deed a Replica.
I have 2 sons, ages 10 and 12. And it's NOT against the law to carry one on private property.

SIGfreed

imported post

From the linked UK article:

"Ryan Mainz, a firearms registration expert for the Ann Arbor Police Department, cautioned parents and other airsoft gun owners not to assume that the opinion means anything called an airsoft gun is legal. He said the term airsoft has been broadly used to describe other replica weapons that are not legal without a permit, such as a rifle-barreled pellet gun. Mainz recommended that people check with police if they have questions or concerns."
Right, because everyone knows the police will stear them in the right direction.

(Picture me shaking my head.)

cabman1

imported post

Big Gay Al wrote:
wally1120 wrote:
Big Gay Al wrote:
wally1120 wrote:

not to re-flame this argument but I just got off the phone with the general manager of walmart and it is a illegal to sell an air soft gun to a minor.That being said you don't need a purchase permit to buy a shotgun either but its still a gun.There is a big difference between a cap gun and an airsoft!!!But don't start flaming me because I am not starting an argument I am trying to end one!!!

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

All things considered, I'd say this thread is about at it's end.

dedhorse.gif

autosurgeon

imported post

cabman1 wrote:
Big Gay Al wrote:
wally1120 wrote:
Big Gay Al wrote:
wally1120 wrote:

not to re-flame this argument but I just got off the phone with the general manager of walmart and it is a illegal to sell an air soft gun to a minor.That being said you don't need a purchase permit to buy a shotgun either but its still a gun.There is a big difference between a cap gun and an airsoft!!!But don't start flaming me because I am not starting an argument I am trying to end one!!!
This is correct! However my brother and I were just at walmart and noticed there are a number of other things that must be guns BC you have to be 18 to purchase them....

Cigarettes were mentioned but also Machetes and Firestarting compound as well :lol:

ghostrider

imported post

cabman1 wrote:
Big Gay Al wrote:
wally1120 wrote:
Big Gay Al wrote:
wally1120 wrote:

Come on cabman1. You need to do better than that.

Really. Asking Walmart employees what the law is? They've been known to say that, "It's against federal law to sell ammo after 9pm.".

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

wally1120 wrote:
Wally perhaps you can cite a law that states you have to be 18 to carry an air soft gun. I don't think you will find one because it doesn't exist.