• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2nd amendment lawsuit

How much money would you donate to the cause

• I can't give any.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I can give $50. Its going to set precedent in Mo, so I want to help.

• I can give $100. If its really going to happen, count me in.

• I can give $500. Its a hell of a lot cheaper than me getting arrested.

• I can give $1000. Only if I get to sit in with the attorney, as the strategy is discussed.

• Total voters

Article1section23

imported post

Please vote if you are from Missouri or you willdonate.

This is in reference to challenging one of the OC bans. City has yet to be chosen.

A new non profit group will be formed before this action is put into place. Interested in seeing how much support there is for a group that is into the litigation portion.

Broondog

imported post

my gun fund is pretty well depleted to non-existent but i'm sure i can scrounge up a $100 bucks or so. my change jar will be empty too but what the hell. :)

i'm all for doing what i can to get full preemption in MO.

cash50

imported post

Shawn, is there a timeline on this?

I'm low on dough right now but should have some real work headed my way soon.

Article1section23

imported post

cash50 wrote:
Shawn, is there a timeline on this?

I'm low on dough right now but should have some real work headed my way soon.
Cash,

The McDonald decision will not come down for a couple more months. Once the second is applied, the rkba will have a higher standard when the law is reviewed in court, compared to the "reasonable" standard they use for 1,23. Not that these OC laws wouldn't be struck down anway, based on prior MOSC opinion.

Article1section23

imported post

goalseter88 wrote:
how much you think your going to need to win? estimate wise.
Goal,

That really depends. There are a variety of options, several of which, wouldn't "cost" a lot to file a challenge. It depends on who the group would go with. I have a couple of people in mind.

The challenge would be based upon a couple different factors. I won’t get into “how” it could be challenged. These would be shared in the new group. It’s enough to say the idea isn’t to walk into St. Louis and make the challenge.