Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Police at shooters 6mile

Post imported post

I just spoke to scorpiovette who said he was at shooters in milwaukee on 6mile and there are 9 squads there any one have any information

Post imported post

I was almost thinking of running down there today. I guess I'll wait. Does anyone know what there policy is on brass? Can I pick mine up? I was only there one time but I was shooting aluminum and I didn't ask.

Post imported post

We just called back to see if the lanes were open yet, and they said the range is closed down for the day. The store is still open, just not the range. Couldn't get anymore information out of them.

wonder what happened if they had 9 squads blocking off the entrance and parking lot and closed the range for the day.

anybody got any connections in there???

Post imported post

hello i was just at the shooters on 84th & aurther and their range was closed early too so i looked around to see pricing on their firearms then left they did have a sign in the windows that said saturday march 27th the range would be closed
    there was no police there so havent a clue if its related but that was my first time there

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Welcome Steve.

Please, to what does your "UVA" refer?

Post imported post

U of Va perhaps.
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Banned

Post imported post

Shotgun wrote:
    U of Va perhaps.
    Perhaps.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uva

There are 16 "uva" entries, only one of which is University of Virginia.

There are almost 12 million G00gle hits on "uva -university".

McX

Post imported post

nothing in the local paper this am, other than an outside pic, with police cars there, and the mention; an incident happened, no information has been released. police continue to investigate.

Post imported post

i haven't been able to find anything related to why they were closed

[ the UVA in my name is part of my gamer tag that i joined back in 2003 and i ended up using it for everything now but the original meaning came from a game called gta vice city witch was called ultimate vice assassins i do still game but very little now but everyone knows me as uvasteve so it just became my name for everything online lol]

Post imported post

UVAsteve wrote:
    i haven't been able to find anything related to why they were closed

[ the UVA in my name is part of my gamer tag that i joined back in 2003 and i ended up using it for everything now but the original meaning came from a game called gta vice city witch was called ultimate vice assassins i do still game but very little now but everyone knows me as uvasteve so it just became my name for everything online lol]
    Keep the Master Troll guessing, you have to explain NOTHING to Dougy. He is just an old bitter low life. That insulted my mom on another thread.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Banned

Post imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
    We just called back to see if the lanes were open yet, and they said the range is closed down for the day. The store is still open, just not the range. Couldn't get anymore information out of them.

wonder what happened if they had 9 squads blocking off the entrance and parking lot and closed the range for the day.

anybody got any connections in there???
    It was more than likely training going on and they reserved the range. Otherwise there would be something in the police blotter.

Post imported post

"RUMOR"at the gas station just down from there has it that it was a suicide.

still trying to get info. one thing i do know is that i had a total of 3 people call there yesterday to see if they had opened the range yet (that was before we found out the range was closed for the day), and each one was told a different story.

1st)
    Q: I see all the cops out front, is the range still open or no???
    A: can't say what's going on, try calling back in a couple hours and see if the range is back open yet.

2nd)
    Q: Is the range open yet???
    A: no the range is going to remain closed for the rest of the day.

3rd)
    Q: I'd like to come down with some friends and was wondering if you are open.
    A: We currently have way to many shooters using the range.

mmmmmhhhhhhhh.........................

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
    "RUMOR"at the gas station just down from there has it that it was a suicide.
    That is also the report that I got... someone who came in and rented a gun...

Post imported post

if that turns out to be true, that would mark a sad 1year anniversary for them.

last year April 1st, a German school teacher went in there and rented a gun and shot himself on the range with it.

Post imported post

Sucks if that happened again. Seems like a lot of planning to go to a range and rent a a weapon just to off yourself. I didn't know how common it was until I Google'd it.

Post imported post

i just hope they don't come up with some stupid rule change cuz of it or try to make it harder to rent the gun case. cuz if somebody wants to kill themselves, they are going to find a way no matter what.

Post imported post

just in. it's somebody a friend of mine knows.

He was an old family friend named Bob Baker. One of my Father in laws biker buddies. He got into some trouble and got pulled for his fifth DUI. He was going to go to prison apparently for it. He said goodbye to his kids and they didn't understand why, ended up going to shooters and renting a gun.

Barb and my Mother-in-law are a mess, we were all pretty close with him years ago. I just can't believe it.

Post imported post

My condolences, I lost my father to a gun suicide 1NOV2009.
    R.I.P. "Face", love ya & miss ya!

McX

Post imported post

still nothing in the local paper here, maybe racine uncovered got something on it?

Founder's Club Member springfield 1911's Avatar

Post imported post

McX wrote:
    still nothing in the local paper here, maybe racine uncovered got something on it?
    Nothing there. Media blackout ? Perhapsan attemptto protect shooters and other ranges from becoming an epidemic of suicide by use of gun rentals.

Then there is the legal liability aspect as well, Badger guns had problems with straw purchases, shooters seems to have a problem with suicide by use of gun rentals.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJQ34JTqk0I

In the ashes burns an ember of liberty, We are the fuel to ignite the ember into a flame of liberty.

The embodiment of our founding fathers will not be found in one man , But in Many.

****** give it away ( Our rights ) prostitutes sell it (Mandated training).

Post imported post

McX wrote:
    aren't suicides generally kept quiet from the media unless unavoidable??? you hear about shootings in the news everyday, but rarely about suicides, and i guarantee there are suicides every single day.

as far as shooters "having a problem" with suicide by gun rental, i doubt that's really a problem to them. i've been searching the last couple days, and there are ALOT of ranges all across the country that have gun suicides.

suiciders (i know that's not the correct term) are kinda like criminals...if they want it bad enough, they'll find a way. i don't put any blame on guns or ranges.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I assume they are trying to keep it quiet for the family and for the place of business. And personally, I think that is best... I don't want to read about this in the paper, so I'm good with not reading about it anymore here either. I think it's best for everyone that way.

Founder's Club Member springfield 1911's Avatar

Post imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
    McX wrote:
    aren't suicides generally kept quiet from the media unless unavoidable??? you hear about shootings in the news everyday, but rarely about suicides, and i guarantee there are suicides every single day.

as far as shooters "having a problem" with suicide by gun rental, i doubt that's really a problem to them. i've been searching the last couple days, and there are ALOT of ranges all across the country that have gun suicides.

suiciders (i know that's not the correct term) are kinda like criminals...if they want it bad enough, they'll find a way. i don't put any blame on guns or ranges.
    Nor do I, It's all in public perception as to whether shooters has a problem or not,Some suicide stories make it to print some don't. I could see a group wanting to have shooters shut down or at least aminimal 48 hour waiting period for gun rentals so back ground checks can be done.

To the family my prayers and thoughts are with them.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJQ34JTqk0I

In the ashes burns an ember of liberty, We are the fuel to ignite the ember into a flame of liberty.

The embodiment of our founding fathers will not be found in one man , But in Many.

****** give it away ( Our rights ) prostitutes sell it (Mandated training).

Post imported post

First off, I apologize to anybody who didn't want any further information about this.

The reason I am posting this is

1) for those who are curious (it is public info after all)

and

2) for anybody that may have known him, but didn't know his family and wouldn't be informed of his death from them.
    I personally used to know a guy that I met through motorcycles and we went riding together. I had never met his family, and one day he didn't show up for a ride. I was worried and had a bad feeling, but had no way of getting a hold of his family. I ended up finding out by watching the news that he had died on his motorcycle.

so perhaps there are people here who knew him through the sport, but wouldn't find out any other way.

News article
    http://www.journaltimes.com/news/loc...tml?mode=story

Obituary
    http://www.purath-strand.com/obituar...Baker-88196340

Banned

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast