• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police at shooters 6mile

Jason in WI

imported post

I was almost thinking of running down there today. I guess I'll wait. Does anyone know what there policy is on brass? Can I pick mine up? I was only there one time but I was shooting aluminum and I didn't ask.

scorpio_vette

imported post

We just called back to see if the lanes were open yet, and they said the range is closed down for the day. The store is still open, just not the range. Couldn't get anymore information out of them.

wonder what happened if they had 9 squads blocking off the entrance and parking lot and closed the range for the day.

anybody got any connections in there???

UVAsteve

imported post

hello i was just at the shooters on 84th & aurther and their range was closed early too so i looked around to see pricing on their firearms then left they did have a sign in the windows that said saturday march 27th the range would be closed
there was no police there so havent a clue if its related but that was my first time there

M

McX

imported post

nothing in the local paper this am, other than an outside pic, with police cars there, and the mention; an incident happened, no information has been released. police continue to investigate.

UVAsteve

imported post

i haven't been able to find anything related to why they were closed :)

[ the UVA in my name is part of my gamer tag that i joined back in 2003 and i ended up using it for everything now but the original meaning came from a game called gta vice city witch was called ultimate vice assassins i do still game but very little now but everyone knows me as uvasteve so it just became my name for everything online lol]

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

UVAsteve wrote:
i haven't been able to find anything related to why they were closed :)

[ the UVA in my name is part of my gamer tag that i joined back in 2003 and i ended up using it for everything now but the original meaning came from a game called gta vice city witch was called ultimate vice assassins i do still game but very little now but everyone knows me as uvasteve so it just became my name for everything online lol]
Keep the Master Troll guessing, you have to explain NOTHING to Dougy. He is just an old bitter low life. That insulted my mom on another thread.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
We just called back to see if the lanes were open yet, and they said the range is closed down for the day. The store is still open, just not the range. Couldn't get anymore information out of them.

wonder what happened if they had 9 squads blocking off the entrance and parking lot and closed the range for the day.

anybody got any connections in there???
It was more than likely training going on and they reserved the range. Otherwise there would be something in the police blotter.

scorpio_vette

imported post

"RUMOR"at the gas station just down from there has it that it was a suicide.

still trying to get info. one thing i do know is that i had a total of 3 people call there yesterday to see if they had opened the range yet (that was before we found out the range was closed for the day), and each one was told a different story.

1st)
Q: I see all the cops out front, is the range still open or no???
A: can't say what's going on, try calling back in a couple hours and see if the range is back open yet.

2nd)
Q: Is the range open yet???
A: no the range is going to remain closed for the rest of the day.

3rd)
Q: I'd like to come down with some friends and was wondering if you are open.
A: We currently have way to many shooters using the range.

mmmmmhhhhhhhh.........................

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
"RUMOR"at the gas station just down from there has it that it was a suicide.
That is also the report that I got... someone who came in and rented a gun... :(

scorpio_vette

imported post

if that turns out to be true, that would mark a sad 1year anniversary for them.

last year April 1st, a German school teacher went in there and rented a gun and shot himself on the range with it.

Jason in WI

imported post

Sucks if that happened again. Seems like a lot of planning to go to a range and rent a a weapon just to off yourself. I didn't know how common it was until I Google'd it.

scorpio_vette

imported post

i just hope they don't come up with some stupid rule change cuz of it or try to make it harder to rent the gun case. cuz if somebody wants to kill themselves, they are going to find a way no matter what.

scorpio_vette

imported post

just in. it's somebody a friend of mine knows.

He was an old family friend named Bob Baker. One of my Father in laws biker buddies. He got into some trouble and got pulled for his fifth DUI. He was going to go to prison apparently for it. He said goodbye to his kids and they didn't understand why, ended up going to shooters and renting a gun.

Barb and my Mother-in-law are a mess, we were all pretty close with him years ago. I just can't believe it.

M

McX

imported post

still nothing in the local paper here, maybe racine uncovered got something on it?