• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SAF's Alan Gottlieb - "armed citizens - including those who openly carry - are responsible&

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

http://dailycaller.com/2010/03/26/gun-ban-lobby-losing-its-shot

SNIP

Following publication this week of an MSNBC.com report about the record number of American citizens who are now legally licensed to carry guns for personal protection, there should be little mystery remaining about why the gun prohibition lobby has lost so much traction and credibility in recent years.

. . .

While gun prohibitionists engage in manufactured hysteria against Starbucks Coffee because the chain allows armed customers on its premises so long as they comply with local and state laws, armed citizens—including those who openly carry—are a pretty responsible lot. They are proving statistically that increased gun ownership does not lead to more violence. Data from the FBI suggests quite the opposite.

. . .

Alan Gottlieb is founder and executive vice president of the Second Amendment Foundation, and chairman of the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

MarlboroLts5150

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Are you THAT dense?
My post was a question, not a "point."

"Yes" or "no," has anyone ever seen Alan OC'ing?

Not dense, I know your post was question. What was the point of you asking the question?

Just looking for a little elaberation from you....since you elaberate so freely all the time. :D

eye95

imported post

KBurnside wrote:
Where is the point ?
He had no point at all. Just wanted a yes or a no. Wasn't going to do anything with that answer. Just put it in his pocket in case he needed to give someone else a yes or a no. No point at all. :?

Tell ya what. I'll give him a no.

No.

I've never seen him OC. I've never seen him CC. Of course, I wouldn't know if I did. ;)

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Alan and SAF along with many folks over at the NRA are not very pro open carry.

Alan likes to have "tactical advantage", .

With the popularity and growth of the open carry movement they have had to reluctantly support us.

Still good to hear them say it though.