• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Visiting Dams

XD45PlusP

imported post

Aryk45XD wrote:
I saw that too. So if there is a range there, does this mean you can't bring your own ammo? This state has more "grey" areas than most of the states I have been to. For the amount of firearms there are... it sure seems like the law makers don't want you to have them out of your house or find out where they can be legally taken for recreation. Out of sight, out of mind unless you can figure out the puzzles. Even then, if authorities catch you, you may get hassled. What's that all about?

Umm, this is federal law not state law. Almost all of the dams are federal property/facilites, so federal law would apply and it's not our states "Grey Area"

XD

Difdi

imported post

antispam540 wrote:
and when I took a picture they grabbed my camera and deleted it. They said no refunds, or I would have walked out right then.
That's not legal. In fact, I believe that doing so is a federal-level felony. Deleting files or destroying film requires a court order (as does seizing the camera, for that matter, unless they take custody of it during an arrest, but then deleting image files would be destruction of evidence).

Interesting law: http://www.justice.gov/crt/crim/242fin.php

Now, it applies only to government types. But it's worth noting that ONLY a government type person has any legal authority to infringe on your rights at all. Either someone seizing the camera and destroying your property (images) is a private citizen, and therefore has committed a felony...or they're a public official and have also committed a felony.

Aryk45XD

imported post

XD45PlusP wrote:
Aryk45XD wrote:
I saw that too. So if there is a range there, does this mean you can't bring your own ammo? This state has more "grey" areas than most of the states I have been to. For the amount of firearms there are... it sure seems like the law makers don't want you to have them out of your house or find out where they can be legally taken for recreation. Out of sight, out of mind unless you can figure out the puzzles. Even then, if authorities catch you, you may get hassled. What's that all about?

Umm, this is federal law not state law. Almost all of the dams are federal property/facilites, so federal law would apply and it's not our states "Grey Area"

XD
I meant in general. I wasn't talking about dams anywhere else. I've never been to a dam in any state.

Aaron1124

imported post

Aryk45XD wrote:
swatspyder wrote:
I have found this...

http://law.justia.com/us/cfr/title36/36-3.0.1.1.2.0.1.14.html

Title 36: Parks, Forests, and Public Property
PART 327—RULES AND REGULATIONS GOVERNING PUBLIC USE OF WATER RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS ADMINISTERED BY THE CHIEF OF ENGINEERS
Browse Previous| Browse Next

§327.13Explosives, firearms, other weapons and fireworks.
(a) The possession of loaded firearms, ammunition, loaded projectile firing devices, bows and arrows, crossbows, or other weapons is prohibited unless:
(1) In the possession of a Federal, state or local law enforcement officer;
(2) Being used for hunting or fishing as permitted under §327.8, with devices being unloaded when transported to, from or between hunting and fishing sites;
(3) Being used at authorized shooting ranges; or
(4) Written permission has been received from the District Commander.
(b) Possession of explosives or explosive devices of any kind, including fireworks or other pyrotechnics, is prohibited unless written permission has been received from the District Commander.
[65 FR 6901, Feb. 11, 2000]
So you have to carry kinda like they do in Cali. Unloaded with a mag separate?
Well it also states "ammunition" as well.